Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Sweet Sound of music

Hmm.

I've just finished putting the finishing touches on my brand new electric guitar... just minor adjustments to ensure the sound comes across properly, the strings stay in tune, and the guitar is easy to play.

Already i feel like I've been reborn through playing this guitar... it's sweet overdriven tones, screaming highs and walloping bass... all through that guitar... I'm finally complete.

Since my dad attends a part-time course at Temasek Poly, he is also at present having his 'holiday' so to speak. And since his business involves machinery, he has always looked upon me as one of his dispensible employees, whose pay is non-existent, and whose time is unlimited.

I'm now in serious shit cuz he wants me to pull apart one of the machines and measure every single component (roughly 150 in number), and provide a sketch and the measurements of the components. What can be more difficult, annoying and irritating than having to pull apart a swiss-made machine and try and draw out all the componenets and their measurements?

I just don't get why my dad refuses to let me go through this holiday without having to bother with his fiddly, over-expensive machines. Many a time he has interrupted me while I was recording songs, and even once, he called me down when I had just gotten ready to record a song. It's damn bloody irritating.

I'm a musician by heart and soul, and I'm determined not to let anything get in the way of me finishing off my personal project for this holiday. I have been practising my guitar and recording skills just to make sure it will come out right, and I'm not going to be unfair to myself by delaying this anymore.

And I'm pretty sure I will get it done all right.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home