Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It just Keeps Getting Better And Better III: Human figures!

Hmm.

At long last I've finished up my presentation board for my studio project-cum-YADA awards entry, which was a pain to do and a bigger pain to wait for the dman computer to finish rendering just one snapshot of the product... I wasted like a minimum of 15 min for just one rendering, and after that if it fouls up, I'd have to redo the damn thing.

Anyway, got an indirect complement from Vincent (my Studio project lecturer), in front of the whole class, when he saw my presentation board:

'Ah, you all see, but not to say anything ah, but this (my p-board) is how Vincent, when he was your age ah, this is how I like to do my presentation board... (sucks teeth) and I like it.. ho leng (cantonese for "very nice")!'

LOL... anyway, handed in my presentation board, and now just hoping I can finish up some stuff for my V.I. on thursday, tomorrow I'm going to have an intensive model-making session after design seminar in the morning, after I collect all the cash from everyone for the entry into the YADA (Young Asian Design Awards).

However, something peculiar happened today... I was in the midst of adjusting the layout of the items and images on my presentation board using photoshop, when Micheal Gan (my V.I. lecturer-in-charge) called me out of the computer lab. I got a glimpse of one of my seniors laughing and then vanishing as I proceeded to resolve the mystery of the need of my presence by Micheal Gan.

Mike Gan then proceeded to introduce me to a DMD (Digital Media Design) lecturer, by the name of Jimmy. Apparently, they need a model for their human-sketching classes, to which I responded with a courteous but curious smile. In the end, they asked me whether I was interested in becoming the model for the class, with a substantial pay and all... for two hours per week, every thursday night in a secluded classroom and I would have been very interested if not for the final glitch:

I can only be dressed in a pair of shorts, and nothing more.

Oh well, the price of human dignity has always been rather high, apparently that senior who laughed and then disappeared was not satisfied with the pay, and decided to give it a miss. I personally fel that if it's just in the name of education and the enhancing of one's sketching skills, then why not? I just pray that the class isn't filled with giggly girls like Sian Lee, or I'd be in for a 'wonderful' time.

P4MMF (pray for me, my friends), because I really, really, need it.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home