Wednesday, July 06, 2005

In a Little While II

Hmm.

Oh well, I managed to get to know a certain someone on friendster. Apparently she's taking a course in sound and audio enginnering (or something like that), and she also knows one of my classmates from their secondary school days.

In any case, I had just found her love for writing songs very interesting, on top of the fact that she plays guitar and some musical instruments as well (I think).

Eventually, I had sent her some songs which I had recorded down, to ask her for opinions... whether the song was well recorded, which parts are good, which parts aren't fantastic etc. She gave me pretty good feedback.

She then sent me one of her own compositions, which was so badly recorded, I could barely hear her voice.. but I couldn't blame her: she barely knew anything about sound recording because she's only a freshmen in her course.

I listened to the music, and it sounded rather michelle branch-ish, which is something which I didn't mind, but isn't something you would hear me sing all day long. So I decided that maybe since she can't really record her songs quite well, I'll just help her do something about it: I'll record a version of the song with me on vocals, guitar and bass.

And so I did... the final version is now playing right here on my blog.. just pray hard your computer allows you to hear the song, because it is known that some net users can't hear the songs.

My final version includes two vocals (one lead and backing vocal exchanging lead and backing roles), two guitars (one very chimey, one very clear) and one bass, which gives the song a rather norah jones kind of feel. Ialso accidentally mis-read the lyrics a bit, so I guess i changed the song unintentionally as well :p

What ever it is, the song turned out qute all right, but for all of you reading this, I need to know what you think of this song... good or bad, fair or foul... I need opinions.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home