Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Welcome to the Machine II

Hmm.

I'm working on my entrepreneurship project right now, and my rhino model seems to be having some difficulty with the lighting. crikes.. I seriously need to take a very good look at the flamingo rendering book Jie Hong passed to me.

Anyway, Christmas is just around the corner.. the anticipation of it is so thick in the air, the only thing preventing me from fully embracing it is the fact that I have so much on my mind and on my hands.

Once again I ask myself the question:

'Why can't I have a normal life',

and answer myself: 'Since when did you have such a normal life anyway???'

Out of my entire life, I think this friday's christmas party would be the first I have ever attended. That means 18 years of not having any Christmas cheer in my home. I'm not surprised, considering my folks are free-thinkers and they have been relative tight-wads when it comes to giving us things just for the fun of it.

With the exception of today.. my mum actually bought a pair of shoes for me unannounced, and it was cool: a pair of Dunlop badminton shoes. it fitted me perfectly.. so Thanks MUM!

Anyhow... all I have on my mind is frankly my Muddy Waters Telecaster. I just can't seem to get my mind of my latest toy... when I reached home from Ergonomics class late last night, immediately after I finished my makan and shower I plopped right down and pulled out my Tele for an hour of pure blues bliss.

One thing though, my earphones (Audio-technica earphones, btw) were under alot of strain.. so much so that the speakers were literally rattling within their casings. It's either the guitar is seriously throwing its weight about or my earphones aren't exactly of the quality I believe they seemed to be.

I seriously need to find time to patch together my old Panasonic earphones, which I find are the best earphoens I have ever come across: Warm, smooth tone and fantastic bass response. I remember when listening to 'Burnt Holidays', the bass was so powerful, I would cut back the bass power on my discman and it wouldn't sound empty.

Listening to CSNY right now, and I'm somehow feeling empty. Maybe it's the lack of christmas cheer. It could be the fact that I'm seriously demented and that I have this massive inferiority complex. It could be my expansive amount of projects to work around, and the fact that I still have not bought the present required of me for the Christmas party this friday.

I'm thinking that since it's for a girl: Bracelets, earrings or chocolates? I'm thinking she probably does not appreciate having chocolates to turn herself into a sorry state of obesity, and she probably has plenty of either bracelets or earrings.. so what else can I buy for under $5???

I originally thought of something like a bookmark, or even something useful like a pencilcase, but that's so blase. So here's my sentiments, it's got to reflect my personality in terms of my sensibility and maturity, but also caters to the person's personal tastes.. which are probably far off from mine.

Amanda had some very interesting advice for me when choosing the item:

1. Does it look gross?

2. Is it unique?

3. Do I want to buy it?

(ok, the details regarding this bit of advice are a little fuzzy.. so pardon me if I recalled your advice wrongly, do know the frist one was relatively accurate)


I find that a very sensible way to choose an item, but for me.. I'm too hard pressed for time and money such that I have to find something I'm comfortable giving someone in a very short time and with a limited budget.

Should I exceed the budget requirement because I know her? She's a friend and I think maybe she does deserve it (an item which does not just cost $5 and under). LOL I can't decide.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home