Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Hmm.

About 15 hours ago, I was strutting my stuff and wielding Gerry's brand new Ovation acoustic guitar, firing out the chorus to 'Highway to Hell', in front of the Molly Malones Irish pub crowd.

Trivia: I was the first person to ever perform at Molly Malones Irish pub in 2006. Nice.

I had ended my shift at 11pm (I'm guessing much to the chagrin of one of my colleagues, but wth with that bitch anyway, because my supervisor allowed me to do so) and I was settling in to watch (and sing along with) Gerry who was having a ball of a time playing guitar and singing as usual.

Then 12 midnight came, and then the spraying or foam and string went into overdrive, and I was covered head to waist in foam and string.. bugger... my spray can went out of string halfway durign the battle (CB). Not even Gerry went unscathed... he was doused with foam by another guy, and his girlfriend mags got a healthy dose of string from me before I went out of ammo.

Surprisingly, the foam and string were plenty easy to remove... thank God.

Big boss Colin McDonald got a healthy does of milk over his head, Supervisor Ita had a brilliant over-dose of foam, and i think the only person who went unscathed was Paul who was jamming with Gerry.

I had a great time playing the set, and I had developed a bit of a sore throat (especially after Highway to Hell), but I still hammered on (here's most of the songs I played within 1 hour):

1. Whiskey in the Jar
2. Take Me Home, Country Roads
3. Wish You Were Here/Breathe/Time/Breathe Reprise (the first one is the fishbowl song, Amanda)
4. Stairway to Heaven
5. Highway to Hell
6. American Pie
7. Hey Jude
8. Norwegian Wood
9. Mrs Robinson
10. Leaving on a Jetplane

All in all it was a spectacular evening/morning and too bad I couldn't get to hook up with Superdel... but I think it was wise to have not interjected with her and her pals, and I had a great time at the pub anyway! Wouldn't have missed it for the world and the fireworks display :p


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home