Monday, January 08, 2007

Bands and bands.

Hmm.

I'm starting up a new band, and hopefully it's going to be more "happening" than my current outfit, which is still on a hiatus due to our bassist being in Indonesia. It seems that we're not exactly doing covers as I hoped we could be, and that's certainly disapointing because we're kind of dead-locked in our cycle of recording and re-recording our songs without moving forward.

This new band's direction I guess would be to have loads of covers, preferably AC/DC and Led Zeppelin and maybe some ZZ Top and Cream / Eric Clapton stuff thrown in for good measure. I'll also probably steer clear of any Deep Purple because I'm frankly tired of that group's stuff.

It promises to be an exciting affair because I'm teaming up with two of my old jamming buddies and they're not too bad in their respective instruments (Bass and Drums). I chose to stick to a 'Power Trio' format because:

1. less people to contact when confirming a jam date and time.
2. less people to worry about in terms of availability.
3. not too little nor too many opinions when it comes to choosing songs and exchanging ideas.
4. in jam bands, there's usually only 1 guitar because in the event that both guitarist's styles are too similar, it could lead to both players' solos sounding the same.
5. Jam studio prices are usually in denominations of 3, and although it would be more costly per person...
6. fewer people = simpler instrumentation = less learning time.
7. I guess a smaller group means stronger inter-personal relationships? More friendship to go around? That's just a thought.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the jam and I hope everything works out fine.

Oh yes, I'm also having another performance at East Coast Marine Cove on Saturday evening.. timing should be about 7pm onwards.


Cheers,


Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home