Thursday, January 25, 2007

Noobs (part 1)

Hmm.

Righty-oh. Today involved a long render of my bicycle in flamingo (clocked in about 3-4 hours total time), and a major feature of the late morning-to-late afternoon was the Open House guidance tours.

Yes, you read that right. NYP is currently having its Open House for future Poly Grad-wannabes. Or you can also say cannot-make-it- / refuse-to-go-to-JC-hence-therefore-go-poly wannabes. Short form is noobs.

They love to ask questions, don't they? Yeah I don't mind giving answers on topics like how come 3rd year students look so stressed, or why the 2nd year students seem even more stressed.

What peeved me off was the best question I've heard since the last time a huge bunch of kids from the secondary schools visited NYP.

"Where is Tammy ar?"

Wah lau, do I look like the kind of guy who has friends, who sends their friends videos of a teenage girl getting it on with her boyfriend? Has that issue not been forgotten yet? Has your "little brother" been frozen in that state of boneness since you excitedly watched that few minutes of teenage lust?

My answer: "In your dreams"

I actually forgot to add "wanker!".

Seriously lah. When you come to an institution of tertiary education, kindly do not ask the guides such questions. It is only reflective of how quickly your little fella spasms into fullness at the sight of a half-ball. Pardon my french.

But on hindsight, I'll admit that I was, on the whole, kinda "fierce" to that group of students (as Jessie pointed it out to me rather gingerly) and I asked for no quarter. My perspective is that if you ask half-assed questions be prepared for an ass-busting answer.

By the time I was done with 5 rounds of students, I gave up and went back to doing my own work while my classmates and Alvin plodded on with batch after batch of impatient kids. However I must say that I have made plenty of headway for my bicycle and all that remains is colour choice and final renderings for the presentation boards.

I can't imagine what tomorrow will bring. Open house is 3 days, remember?


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home