Friday, September 03, 2004

Going To New Zealand part one

Hmm.

Early this year namely in january, I and my folks and my brother went to New Zealand, you know, the country just below Australia? It was an extreme priviledge, to see one of the last untouched countries in the world.

It was quite a trip, we didn't go with a tour group, which would have killed the feeling of the trip. We wanted to use two weeks just to see the whole (or majority of) the country, and in the process get to gel more as a family (hopefully).

Arriving in Auckland International airport, we were in good spirits, my parents and brother had slept the 6 to 8 hour journey, while i failed to get any shuteye cuz I was too excited. The main reason i was excited was because I'm a 'Lord Of The Rings' freak: I absolutely love the movies, I can imitate Gollum's voice quite accurately and I've almost finished my LOTR poster collection. Also, I had my digital camera ready to take any snapshots of my brother while he slept and drooled in the process.

Staying up all night on the plane was quite interesting, I saw a full moon hanging like some illuminated alabaster globe, i saw the heavens filled with stars and just looking at all that caused great wonder at God's work. The sunrise was even better: A purplish glow soon grew into a full-blown rising of an orange ball in it's full splendor.

As we flew over Australia, I caught sights of motorways as straight as a ruler, clouds with wisps of crystal that look like Cupid's breath. I also noticed one thing: there were a group of New Zealanders who were apparently coming home, and they were equally excited. their chatter during breakfast was of an excited one, and also happy.

Breakfast was a comic meal: the steward asked my mum 'fish or fish, madam?' of course all she could reply was 'fish, but what happened to the rest?'. Apparently, the steak was all sold out.

The plane slowly circled down on its approach, and the New Zealanders' chatter grew more and more pronounced. Finally, when the plane touched down they cheered wildly, praising the pilot's skill and their prayers being answered (bunch of weirdos or simply very simple people huh?).

Reaching through the customs, we were preparing to rent a car, but when the car rental bloke (a yugoslavian by the name of 'Vladam' whose face could have popped out of the KGB spy-list) asked for my dad's driving license, My dad couldn't find it, and realised that he'd left it all the way back in Singapore. Sigh.

After an exhaustive episode which included calling the singapore police force to confirm my dad's driving licence's validity, we were able to get our car at long last.

Cheers,
Look out for more

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home