Friday, December 10, 2004

Whew.

Hmm.

Just got back from my 7-hour shift at work. Mother of all things to happen: my just-repaired earphones cocked-up again, and I had to endure half-an-hour of a bus journey sitting there gazing into nothingness.

I guess while my job is getting more and more dumber by the day, I tend to have this growing form of respect from my peers at the hotel. I mean, it's not like they're starting to bow down and worship me or something... it's just that when I first came in here, I was treated like dirt, and I was trodden upon like some piece of road-kill.

Now, managers, supervisors tend to look at me and have a smile, not a look of apprehension upon their faces. Some say hi readily. However, some still tend to get down to business and skip the minute pleasantries involved.

I spent most of my shift running to and fro finding stuff, getting stuff, prparing stuff for the impending dinner which was about to hit the room I was setting up with a few other colleagues. Any how those few hours included filling up some pepper containers and inflamming my nose in the process, saying hi to some people I knew, and some I didn't but doing it just for the sake of courtesy, and helping people do their various setting-up procedures.

i dunno, maybe I'm just too lazy to find a better job, but seriously, 6 bucks an hour is pretty reasonable, some might even say it's quite good. I mean, I'm just waiting for that 10-buck/hour job, and then I'll be laughing to the bank. However, due to Murphy's Law lurking every other day hoping to smite me somewhere sensitive, such a thing will only happen when pigs fly and cows play the harp.

which really means NEVER.

Sigh, Christmas is coming soon, and my braces are still clinging on tightly, and (seemingly) unwilling to let go. My friend, Chris Leow said his dentist told him to wait three months for removal, but that was like since March. So it comes as no surprise that my dentist would say: 'Hm, maybe we could get them out by Christmas'.

Now she's suggesting Chinese New Year.

My forecast would be June 2005 (if I'm absolutely lucky, and Murphy decides to take a break), but that's still a long shot. I'm just tired of getting ulcers every week, and since I'm currently suffering from a tongue ulcer (oooh, that's gotta hurt), my speech has already been somewhat impaired.

I'll just hope and pray really, really, really hard then.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home