Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Crawldaddy And The Infinite Sadness II

Hmm.

I've been thinking to myself about some things, and that involves filling in the gaps (see previous post to understand fully). I've realised that writing songs just don't cut it sometimes, and I've turned to my other forte: poetry.

Ok, fine, you can say that I do include poetry into my song lyrics, but that usually is the case of 'poetry fits song', whereby the content of the lyrics are just meant to deliver a message or tell a story. This is 'Poetry by itself'.

Poetry (in my sense of personal application) is really like sending a letter to someone. True, it is a message, but unlike song-poetry, it is less vague and is obviously less concerned with any melodic timbre. In essense, my form of poetry is more dedicated to being a subtle form of communication which does not express emotion absolutely, but using words to hint out messages, rather than jump out at you.

'Goodbye Sly II' is a good example, though I may have taken certain liberties with that one. Especially since I just can't hide my contempt for that bugger.

I just can't stop thinking of a certain someone, and though any form of conclusion coming of it is highly impossible, that person did hit me hard, and it's kinda hard to forget an emotion like that.

I suppose putting out poetry and songs does help, but barely... what else can do more other than direct contact? I think that maybe it is hard but neccessary to let go of certain things, and that is often essential to (my personal) sanity. Take my personal project for the holiday: bringing a small group of people together and having fun would take so much torture to organise, and more nerve-wrackingness to make it work.

I guess less is truly more, and sometimes it is neccessary to be ignorant to protect ourselves.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home