Monday, December 27, 2004

Dead Flowers & Mother's Love X

Hmm.

Juz managed to download and hear The Rolling Stones song 'Dead Flowers', which my granduncle Peng Yew once tried to teach me to no avail cuz he didn't have the notes.

ANyho,w the song is pretty much like any good ol' Rolling Stones hit: light-hearted, sometimes quirky in lyrical content and essentially very much enjoyable.

I'm just back from poly, and I'm just chillin', waiting for time to fly before I have to get down town and go for my 7pm shift at the bloddy convention centre. There's a training class for those who don't want their work passes destroyed (or so the management hints), and what the hey, I haven't exactly found another job yet, so I'll just ride the storm as best as possible.

I'm listening to Led Zeppelin's all-acoustic rocker 'Hey Hey What Can I Do', which apparently isn't featured on any of their albums. It is actually a kind of 'secret', which is only for those 'crazy' enough to get a p2p programme to download the song. It's a good song, full of acoustic guitars, loud vocals and mandolins. The good country-ish type. Just one thing: Robert Plant's vocals definitely aren't country-ish.

Aunt Joan and Family should be arriving in Singapore by tonight. They were in Khosa Hui, which my mum thought was above Phuket. If you heard the news about the recent earthquake in Sumatra, you would've heard that Phuket was badly hit. So my mum, being jittery, called up Aunt Joan to inquire about their well-being.

Apparently, Khosa Mui was like on the eastern side of Thailand, so my mum kena malu, due to her inexperience in geography.

Mum: 'Are you guys ok? Is Khosa Mui badly hit?'

Aunt Joan: 'It's on the other side of Thailand, but thanks all the same.'


Oh well, at least her heart was in the right place.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home