Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm not that boring a guy y'know...

Hmm.

I suppose it has been my entire fault, that by firing shots at punk-whiners, knifing teeny-boppers and tripping up disco-goers I've literally pigeonholed myself into the main areas of Classic rock and country/bluegrass.

Ok, fair enough, it does seem that way, but I do believe it's time to get out of this form of stereotypage by openly proclaiming:

I'm not that boring.

Maybe I am... what do you think? I once had the gall to download 'She Bangs' William Hung version, also 'YMCA' and 'Macho Man' by the Village People, even 'Crazy Train' by Black Sabbath.

Talk about listening to a wide variety of music... sometimes i do these sorta things just to make sure I get the right dose of knowledge so that I know what I want and what i wish to miss out on... but I realise that I do wish to accomplish something... something I do realise that I've been missing out on since I've first started poly.

That is to gain a better insight into my classmates and understand them better (I do believe this is one of my New Year's Resolutions...). But the thing which spurred me on, and actually jarred me out of my little world of me, myself and I was the fact that i realised that I was already actively communicating with some of my classmates. Also, there was nothing to lose by just chatting with them, and i suppose it makes me feel much more complete by just hanging out with them, no matter where the discussion swings in whatever direction.

A couple of people have asked me why I always use the colour 'black' in my work.. be it with my packagings... powerpoint presentations... t-shirts... material, form and perspective studio project final artefact, whatever. The thing is, I'm a simple, down-to-earth guy, that's why I was not particularly impressed with Melissa when she decided to play out on the V.I. sessions. finally, I'm colour-blind.. so what better colour scheme, which is completely screw-up-proof than black and white?

I'm sure you wouldn't want me to select your wardrobe, so that's that anyhow.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home