Saturday, January 22, 2005

Patrick's Stuff... and The Murky Waters Of Songwriting X

Hmm.

Whoa, it's been four days since I last blogged.. it's all thanks to the only other well-operating computer in my home.. which has broadband access, and it recently crashed out, due to reasons unknown... So I'm using my usual com using dial-up to blog now, since I'm sure some of you are wondering why it's been a while.

Oh well, I'm just drowning in Patrick's stuff, i have to pull out 40 pages of sketches with full rendering... and so far I've done a grand total of... 2

yes, I'm so procrastinating and distracted by everything around me (the computer is the main culprit) following a creation of a New Song!!!

titled 'It Ain't Much (But it Sure Is Something)', I suppose it's one of the longest titles I've ever given to a song of my own composition. It's (unintentionally) about people nowadays who just go about their daily lives and not taking any time out to fully appreciate what's around us... essentially the beauty of life.

I suppose it isn't difficult for me to put words to songs, but just finding the right tune... right sequence of chords. Open House recently was quite an interesting experience for me as it was two days in a row having the girls in the guitar club bringing their guitars and just allowing me and alvin to fool around with them (the guitars). It was fun, trying to teach them how to play 'Nothing At All', winging out 'Dark As A dungeon' without knowing what the next chord might be.. and most importantly of all... finally learning the chord sequence of 'Yesterday' by the Beatles.

Oh, and finally, Melissa and I managed to proceed with our V.I. assignment, with much of the credit going to yours truly, simply because up to now Melissa has only produced low-grade sketches whereas i have not only finished the corrugated board mock-up (On Melissa's behalf) and also the prototype of the packaging.

Not bad for a year-one student whose main role is to sketch and do graphic work. At least when I called up Melissa two days back she told me to take a breather, to which i kindly declined.. why not? i mean, I've done so much and now I'm going to let up? Not a chance! If it is neccessary, I will do more than Melissa and grab all the damn credit because i sure as pancakes want it. It's not a partnership as far as she is concerned ever sicne the beginning, so I'm going to give her her due treatment.

Ah, I'm just kidding... she wants to let me take a break, fine, but I'm still keeping my eyes open.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home