Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Is honesty truly the best policy? II

Hmm.

Just a taster for you guys the ability of the Crawldaddy... i composed this song during mechanics lecture..

Paper Flowers (That Sense of Deja Vu)

It was only a momento which I wanted to give to you
However I didn't realise how it'd be giving not one but two
Why was it you didn't even look me in the eye?
Was it you hated me, or was it you were just too shy?

Maybe it was just not right for me to do so
yet again how could I possibly be right there in the know?
The hullabaloo that ensued, the waves which rose and crashed
and only in the end the reality of it did flash

Paper Flowers, on a special day; breaking towers in your gentle way
Paper Flowers, anytime of the day; bringing reality in such a brutal way.

There is so much I can say, but I'm simply numb too soon
It probably isn't right to spoil the afternoon
Memories and promises I could have given you
Was it possible to be so gentle and yet cruel too?

I have no idea why it's wrong to be the first
yet I suppose i was wrong to love and quench my thirst
right or wrong it doesn't matter one way or another
and only with the toll of time you'd find yet another

Paper Flowers, in your gentle way; breaking towers on a special day
Paper Flowers, in such a brutal way; bringing reality anytime of the day.


Ok, it ain't much but it sure fits the situation, or rather the passing feeling of self-decaprivation. While one side of me tells me that giving her two flowers was rather clever, the other side brings me to the fact she probably hates my guts anyhow. Why can't people just appreciate the good intentions by others?

Writing songs for people has been something I've been doing for a while, and maybe this will go unnoticed by the intended party simply because I suck at direct conversations. I have a disease.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home