Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Late Nite Meanderings V

Hmm.

Ok, I've just come back from school, where I have (surprisingly) stayed back to play basketball with my classmates. This impromptu gesture of friendliness on my part was partially due to me having no dinner waiting for me at home, and I wanted to have a meal with the remaining classmates who stayed back in school after our marketing test today, and wanted to slack off the stress which had the tendency of sticking to your head even though its presence is no longer appreciated.

Anyhow, my marketing test went fairly well today, even though I only feel 75% positive about the whole thing. it was over quickly, I finished it in about 40 minutes, just slightly slower than the person who finished it first.

V.I. this morning was particularly pleasant because I managed to confirm that my presentation board graphics were up to mark, but Ayob just didn't like my packaging graphics, which were applied unto a piece of paper stuck onto the box's top itself. Ayob said that my workmanship on the graphics wasn't entirely up to mark, but it was almost there.

The bombshell came when I finally saw what Melissa had produced: utter crap. We had agreed beforehand that the seat would be made out of a plastics sheet, but she was determined to use a rattan sheet which i do believe was more suited to being a blind rather than being used as a seat. In the end, Ayob condemned Melissa's effort, and told her to re-do the entire thing.

In typical fashion, she remained silent, and after probing her slightly, I realised she had no intention to continue working on this project.

What can I say? Melissa's always been a lazy bum, and she'll remain one until someone really jolts her out of her zone of indifference. After Ayob had slammed her, she proceeded to chat with her friends and then ended the session posing 'cute' facial expressions and taking shots of herself with her classmate's brand new Nokia handphone. I just couldn't believe someone could be less concerned with her academic progress.

The least she could do was be more professional about her work, or at least in this working relationship with myself. Damn, I'm done with her anyway.

Basketball after the marketing test was fun, but I soon realised that in future I would require a change of clothes for such an activity. But it was fun all the same even though i only managed to put the ball through the hoop ONCE, but can you blame me when the last time I ever involved myself in an active sport was Secondary Two? Guitar finger exercises/crazy solos not included.

By the end of the day, I am proud to say I've connected with my classmates much more than I ever did since the start of my poly year. Wow. I've decided to commit my wednesday afternoons and evenings for this activity partially to bond more with my classmates, and also to become more healthy.

But I'm getting to school early tomorrow to finish off my V.I. packaging so that I can focus on Patrick's stuff more... maybe I'll ask my other lecturers for some help!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

1 Comments:

At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is healthy dedicating an afternoon to sports. hahax.. and it's also healthy socially..

yup. i guesss you can approach your lecturers for help. yeah. help to move the donkey! :P

yours sincerely,
you-know-who :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home