Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Murky Waters Of Songwriting XII

Hmm.

Once again, I've somehow proven to myself that I'm not a guy stuck in his little world of blues licks, repeating themselves on my electric guitar, and maybe I can still learn a new song or two. Provided it's on acoustic.

Couple of days back, I remembered that I wanted to learn how to play 'Blackbird' by the Beatles, but one thing which surprised me was how easy the song is to learn, but I'm still working on mastering it.

The song's only sounds are: Paul McCartney's voice, his acoustic guitar, a metronome, and a bird chirping.

It's interesting how McCartney composed this song, it's based entirely upon harmonised two-stringed chords with an added drone string to bring about a flowing effect. On top of the acoustic guitar is the click of the metronome, and McCartney's gentle voice. Think of 'Yesterday', but simpler, and without the silly string ensemble.

Did I mention this song was rated one of 'Guitar World Acoustic's 25 Greatest Acoustic Moments'? Yeah, I just love learning songs from that list... already I've covered about four or five of them.

Anyhow, I feel that my hectic project deadlines (note to self: kill patrick and melissa) is hampering my songwriting mojo... I can't concentrate, and put down lyrics even though I have the melody all worked out.

I've lost my mojo, baby! Hmm. I dunno.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

1 Comments:

At 2:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im back. and im getting a new computer! yahooy!!

i think i forgot most about what i've wanted to put down, but here goes..

in these days and in these generations, most guys are becoming whims. [from the girl's point of view..] actually, girls too.i think it's the complacency, the country breeds in the young generation. not many bodies are true to friendship like the old days anymore. people are most likely to forget aquaintences and old friends after sometime.

it should be due to the hectic society we live in, that our brain registers the more "important" stuffs rather than the morally important stuffs..

as for love, the girls are getting practical.. as guys are becoming more and more like whims and the good ones are always taken, girls tend to value the cash. i mean, cash doesnt disspoint or backstab you. it's either you have or not. it doesnt plot or cheat against you. i mean it's material unless you employ someone to do it..

okok, gtg.. i have to run...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home