Tuesday, February 22, 2005

So Long Beeyatches...II

Hmm.

Whilst Melissa is still struggling with her model-making, I have finally finished my graphics presentation board! Yeah! Feels so good just to have that hurdle gone away, and all that stands between me and tomorrow is the preperation for my marketing test which, alas, is just too meagre to define.

I'm actually quite nervous about my marketing test... given that I haven't sat for a test in a long while, I'm not sure whether I can sit still and get down to concentrating on my paper tomorrow, but I will pray hard tonight. And study hard of course.

Just in case you were wondering why I am so happy about this graphics presentation board, let me just fill you in on the amount of effort spent on this darn piece of paper.

If I'm not wrong, the total amount of time spent on it will amount up to fifteen hours: I first came up with a motif for my board, to give it an arty-oriental feel. Then I drew out the design, coloured the motif in black before cutting it out and pasting it on a piece of A4 paper. I also drew out a logo design for the product unto the paper as well.

This same A4 paper was then sent for photo-copying, producing an enlarged, equal-sized and shrunken version of the image. The photo-copyed images were then cut out, before being pasted unto a piece of A3 paper, which became the prototype graphics presentation board.

The prototype was then shrunken into an A4 sized paper, scanned into a computer and then transferred to my home (I scanned it at Alvin's place) via a Zip drive. The image was downloaded into my computer, and i used photoshop and microsoft paint to edit the picture into three different prototypes.

This morning, the chosen prototype was then printed out into full A3 sized paper (in school), before being shown to Melissa for approval. Melissa said it was too bland, fine, since my image was having a white background, but i then used the school's computer to invert the image, thereby causing the white to turn into black and black into white. i now had a black background.
The motif sections were still grey after inversion, so with the help of one of my seniors, I managed to turn the motif sections from grey to bright, solid, Chinese New Year red. The effect was quite spectacular, and after applying on some text and editing my logo (it turned messy after the scanning), I sent it for colour printing.

Indeed it was spectacular... i had also drawn out two images of the product, along with full colour rendering (not that spectacular), and cut those images out, before pasting them unto them colour prototype.

The whole thing was colour-photocopyed and now I'm the proud owner/designer of a smashingly chic Presentation board cum poster.


Cheers,
Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home