Saturday, February 19, 2005

Merdeka!!!

Hmm.

My mum is leaving for Beijing this evening, while I'll be slogging it out at the Irish Pub, running up and down the stairs (according to my aunt, such exercise is supposed to help 'firm up your rear-end', but I pay no such attention) and hoping I can last till the end of the day.

Anyhow, mum won't be home till thursday, so I'll be pretty much free to do whatever i wish, yes... indeed: when the cat is away, the mice come out to play.

I dunno. Working at the pub seems like fun, but I think the main reason why they pay me 50 cents more than banquet is because I have to put up with the darn cigarette smoke, which causes lung cancer. But as it is always the case, I deem myself already numb to the cigarette smoke, however that does not mean I will not be making any efforts to minimise 'exposure'.

Jammed a little bit this morning on my electric after breakfast, and it felt good: turning up the volume and blasting out every note which reverberates the emotion and joy felt while playing blues, rock or prog.

Essentially, I find myself having the tendency to gravitate towards the bluesier side of things whenever I strap on an electric, and then I just go ahead to proceed with two-hand tapping and trying to play as fast as possible, a la Randy Rhoads / Eddie Van Halen, before turning down the volume and just strumming something simple.

I'm also starting to really like my guitar (not that I had previously been hating it), because I'm starting to get the sounds I want out of it much more easily, and also because I can get the right effects I want much more readily.

I also tried out some AC/DC, and I finally managed to wing out a solo for Led Zeppelin's 'Rock And Roll' because I was too lazy to figure out the original solo. But the best feeling was when I fiddled around with the solo to Deep Purple's 'Smoke On The Water', which is the only thing from that song, apart from the intro riff, that I can play.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home