Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Success!

Hmm.

Today's ergo powerpoint presentation was a real blast! I was supposed to spend only 15 minutes doing my stuff, but in the end, I spent like half an hour from start to finish, including the asking of questions and feedback from my lecturer.

It was fun, doing the presentation.. just exercising my 'Improvisational-Crapping' skills... and showing my classmates the crazy-assed photos including me and Alvin having a meal at McDonald's in NYP (the topic of my ergonomics presentation). I suppose it helped that they laughed at the appropriate times.

I managed to skim through most of my mechanics test today.. though I'm only 60 percent sure of what i put down on paper. I was actually the first person to leave the class, after handing in the paper... I'm sure I'm going down in flames for this one.

Anyhow, marketing was a very interesting episode of quirky humour, which I'm not going to go into details of.

After marketing, I skipped off back to the studio to make a box for containing my piece of work intended for my 'Material, Form and Perspective' module, which consists of a single piece of MDF board.

It was quite fast, making the box, it only took about 40 minutes, and throughout making the box, I had the nagging feeling that someone was talking about me behind my back.. maybe it's nothing. I managed to finish off the box, shove my board in and tie it up with some left-over plastic string lying around.

Then as I was leaving, Jool managed to catch sight of me carrying my board inside the box, when he asked me

J: 'Hey, who you giving that to?' he noticed that I had tied a small bowtie with the excess string, causing the box to look like an early valentine's day present.

C: 'for nobody.. it's just containing my MDF board.. see you mate'


Then as I was walking out of Block R, I met one of my classmate, who wasted no time in speaking her mind to me:

Classmate: '(my name), why you everytime spend so much time with the other class?'

C: '...'

Classmate: 'You can spend more time with us you know... don't worry lah..'

when she said that last sentence I had that fleeting emotion like i was a lamb invited for dinner with the wolves.

Once again, I can only say this to my dear classmates: It's nothing wrong with you guys, it's just that I feel out of place hanging out with you guys... can you blame me? We feel a sense of distaste regarding each others' music, I speak mainly in English, and you guys converse in mandarin... and that's just basics... I feel like I'm intruding with something that's none of my business whenever I step into class. What more can I say?


Also, I tend to be a loner. So I suppose I give out this 'aura' of being supremely unconcerned sometimes... but I'm a passionate dude.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home