Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ugh

Hmm.

I was reading the Straits Times today when I just got reminded of a certain issue which causes the hairs on my arm to stick up like when it's cold.

I hold a certain disdain for Anime.

I remember anime is one the the culprits (besides procrastination) for my classmates being unable to concentrate in class during our o-level year. I mean, what's up with these sometimes x-rated cartoons?

I like reading stuff like Garfield, 5th Wave, Get Fuzzy etc, but all that cutesy stuff really gets me all uncomfortable, and sometimes exceptionally irritated when people just discuss that crap in that kind of excited voice. Like dogs being given a chance to be taken for a walk by their owners.

Maybe I'm just narrow-minded but I seriously think all those comics/manga/anime/crap aren't worth half a rotten dick for my attention. I suppose my thinking towards anime is very similar in the way I look towards pop music nowadays. In actual fact most music nowadays.

I also don't get why some of the more 'incredible' individuals who are fans of anime try to make themselves look like their favourite characters by dyeing their hair, dressing up etc.

What a waste of their fookin' time!

I remember my cloase friend in secondary school was so wasted on them comics he would spend even his lesson time just locked into his inner world of samurai fighting and god-knows-what. In the end, of course, his academic results weren't that fabulous (neither was mine, but whatever). Another thing which got his time-management all awry was the fact he loved to break-dance... which caused him to be stronger physically, but somehow lesser-off mentally. Anyhow, that's yesterday's news.

I do believe that it's important to have a source of fun where your imagination can just go wacko, but somehow, the amount of time spent on that should be much lesser than how long we spend time in our real world.

Maybe I'm just terribly biased against anything that seems to prevail in modern day pop culture.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

1 Comments:

At 9:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear crawldaddy,

yes, i agree that the real world's more important, but some people just love the world of the imagination. anything's possible there. here, in the real world, it's just too boring, too routine. kills the brain cells really. or rather, the devil's workshop.

whatsoever, it's human nature to dwell in convenient places, and the world of imagry is a very convinent solace. whatever happens there is done to please the maker. LOL!

anime is a crazy that's spreading like wildfire. i think what you detest is the way the population is reacting to these modern "crazes" rather than the crazes, am i right? hahax. but that's the ting we'll all have to bear with..

yours sincerly,
Charlotte

 

Post a Comment

<< Home