Sunday, April 17, 2005

Brother Dearest V

Hmm.

We all know the horrible situations which may arise whenever you (with the exception of Alvin)and your sibling both share similar characteristics.

My brother and I share the love of music. While I favour the hard-hitting and ear-bleeding riffs of AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, he boogies to Mariah Carey and her exceptionally numerous copies (be it male or female).

As you may be able to notice, my brother and I enjoy different, very diverse forms of music. Needless to say, we visit each other's music collection very seldom. However, more often than not, it is this difference in tastes and biasedness which brings me to why my brother aggravates me so much.

Take yesterday as a classic example. The whole family of four was sitting in the car... and he (with a not-too-unlike Kim Jong Il-styled dictator-like attitude) pops in a 'Sugababes' CD.

*For those not sure who the Sugababes are, let me just say you won't want to bother who they are in the first place. All I can say is.. there are three girls, and they come from the UK.

He then proceeds to boost the volume, so much so that if any form of verbal communication is attempted, the 'sender' (see your Communication Skills text, please) would fail miserably.

Apart from the fact that the vocals from that 'Sugababes' CD sound like chipmunks singing with their crotches being acupunctured the wrong way, the most irritating factor which caused me to shrink in my seat and wince in horror was the fact Brother Dearest was falsetto-ing along with the CD, and he was actually AUDIBLE.

He was actually singing to the CD in falsetto. Fock No.

I just don't get all that chipmunk bullshit. Why can't people actually sing for once? You know... use proper vocal ability (and use their diaphrams.. no not the contraceptive)? I'm not going to name any names, but seriously... I don't find chipmunk-ey voices very pleasant, and they're not pleasant, much less impressive.

Ok, although I'm a 'rock' guy.. I still know what good singing is... ok? take ladies such as Beyonce (minus the g-strings and spilling chest) and Alicia Keys (minus the ugly spouse and ominous chest hair) who really sing in a unique, and (might I say so?) authentic and unpretentious manner. THAT'S what I call good singing.

Of course you get the most-obviously terrible performers once in a while.. but with our typical luck involving what MTV dishes out every other day... these terrible performers get the most commercial exposure due to the record companys' desperate attempt to ensure their money is worth it's due.

And it's guys like me who suffer in the end, and get physical noise creeping in everywhere: worthless lyrics, talentless performances, under-par vocals and non-existant musicianship.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home