Monday, April 18, 2005

The first cut is the deepest

Hmm.

Here are the lyrics to the Cat Stevens classic (which has been covered by Rod Stewart and Sheryl Crow) which exemplifies my feelings at this point in time:

I would have given you all of my heart
but there's someone who's torn it apart
and she's taking almost all that I've got
but if you want, I'll try to love again
baby I'll try to love again but I know

The first cut is the deepest, baby I know
The first cut is the deepest
'cause when it comes to being lucky she's cursed
when it comes to lovin' me she's worse

I still want you by my side
just to help me dry the tears that I've cried
cause I'm sure gonna give you a try
and if you want, I'll try to love again
but baby, I'll try to love again, but I know

The first cut is the deepest, baby I know
The first cut is the deepest
'Cause when it comes to being lucky she's cursed
when it comes to lovin' me she's worse

The first cut is the deepest
the first cut is the deepest
try and love again


The thing is, I've finally found out she doesn't like me.... well she never liked me in the first place. And I found out like, last night.

So what do you think I'm feeling?

She doesn't even know me... we have barely spoken to each other... oh, and guess what? I asked her out TWICE!

You can't tell me I'm stupid, because that's precisely how I'm feeling right now. I think I finally realise why nice guys finish last... because we don't dare to speak up. We don't dare to try harder. Because (and most importantly) we don't know what is going on.

I'm not going to mope all day and hope for another chance. I hate the way i found out about the whole thing.. and I'm not blaming anyone because it has been my fault.

It's nobody's fault but mine.

MINE.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home