Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Mother's Love XV

Hmm.

My day is just so typical... my mother has shouted at me at least thrice, and she has expressed her disppointment in me at least four times. No problem, I can't be bothered with her taking out her insecurities on me.

All my life she's been telling me to do my best in everything I do.. to work hard and excel. Then came along my passion for reading, and all she can do is suppress my joy of reading for pleasure.. she said I should be observing the writing technique, rather than reading the book for it's content.

It's the same for my guitar playing. It has been my one true hobby which I've kept at for more than four years... I've cried, loved just picking the thing up and strumming along to Vertical Horizon's 'Best I ever Had", I've felt pain and suffering playing along to the Rolling Stone's 'Wild Horses', and I've felt jubilation and excitement picking out the solo for 'Stairway To Heaven'.

In short, playing the guitar and putting my emotion into it has made me who I am today, and I can say that I've progressed thus far because of the passion I've felt for it.

And It's never going to go away.

So what do you do, when your mother tries to pry you away from something which has drawn out your talent and insatiable desires? You fight back. You stay strong. You know she's just ignorant and selfish because an instrument has literally replaced her place.

Where she should have brought me solace and wisdom, I have grown with my guitar and stayed independent. Where she would have told me she loved me, I have given my love to the guitar, and it has rewarded me with talent. Where she could have been my outlet of pain and confusion, my guitar has allowed me to remove all negative emotion through songwriting, and sheer poetry.

And all she can do about it is try and distract me from my desire to gain a better foothold in my emotional psyche; try and disrupt my mental train of thought by interrupting my songwriting; try and destroy my passion for the instrument.

In any case, I have to say that i have grown as a person through the guidance of God, who has passed on this talent through the guitar. And I will never forget where my salvation lies.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home