Monday, June 06, 2005

Boey!

Hmm.

Stayed back in NYP today to finish off the remnants of my homework.. and partially because I knew that Boey was going to be holding a night class for the Yr1s...

For those who have remained faithful readers of my blog, you would have seen me post once or twice regarding Boey's drawing classes, and how fun (and tiring) they used to be. I remember that during my first year, I managed to pick up perspective drawing like a duckling to water, but of course there were several fine details to pick up here and there, I managed to get the main point of how to accurately draw and render an object or product.

So here I was today, sitting in M627 drawing some graphics stuff, when Boey comes in, and mother of things to happen to a man, he actually gained weight!!! I could not believe that the guy actually had a second chin when he a perfectly concave chin-neck area the last time i saw him.

To top it all.. he forgot my name.

Anyway, I had finished all my graphic work and my studio project.. and decided to take a tour of my juniors' work... basically swimming through the carnage witnessed during the last year.. when I viewed work from my classmates and myself. Some were good, some were bad, and few were ugly.. to say it in the most impartial way possible. However, I'd have to say that i was amazed that very few people actually used perspective boxes.. the major key to getting proper perspective in sketches.

Anyway, I had a good time helping out my juniors... even drew an almost perspective-perfect handphone for them (albeit a few minor but glaring glitches). I guess it feels good to help people in small, insignificant ways... then you can exert a subconscious effect on them! e.g. you are like a big brother to a group of younger siblings.

Feels good to be in ID.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home