Saturday, June 25, 2005

Clutch that matey! XI

Hmm.

Today's been real rush... especially since I've just re-discovered that I have to finish off two tutorials for my Materials & Manufacturing module... due on monday. With no Microsoft Word, and loads of projects on my hands... time seems to become a serious issue nowadays.

Anyway, I had finished off most of my graphics stuff on the computer in school, all the way from 12 noon until 4:20pm. Along the way, I also researched my Gibson report, typed out 80% of it, and then proceeded down to the print shop to get the stuff printed out.

Although there is another print shop nearer to Block M, I've decided to go to the one at Block R level 1, due to I finding that printing company is much more reliable, and efficient compared to that auntie at block L level 2... who is a constant reminder of Zelda's biggest problem: vanity.

That Block L print shop has one wall plastered with pictures of a lady, whom I soon discovered to my horror was actually the print shop auntie all spiffed up and actually looking ten years younger. Despite her efforts to make a better impressions upon her customers (people who want to photocopy things), I can only grimace whenever I need to go there simply because it is more convenient.

So there I was at Block R's print shop, and I loaded in my zip disk into the reader which was sitting on the desk next to the computer. After a while, I noticed that the reader was not functioning.. no matter what I tried (like pulling out the plug and re-attaching it etc), the thing could not work. Eventually, the auntie tried prying the zip disk out of the reader.. to no avail. The disk was stuck in there no matter what we tried.

In the end, the aunties decided that the unit was already spoilt, and the immediate action to be taken, was to extract my disk from the reader ASAP. By now, it was already 4:55, about time I headed to work. I therefore, left NYP today with the print shop's zip disk reader with my zip disk stuck inside.... and the whole thing resting snugly inside my behemoth of a bagpack.

I've still got to try and dismantle it, so I'll give it a shot tomorrow.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home