Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I 2 Eye

Hmm.

I promised Ms Gail I'd wirte up a review on her art exhibition 'I 2 Eye', which brings out so much deep meanings with each portrayal of herself, I'm just blown away.

There are two people whom I recognise as my personal idols, the first is Robert, who is a cancer survivor, and is currently living with a broken back. Even with these past and present ailments, he still manages to play guitar like no other, and he's just an amazing fellow.. his thoughts and perspectives mean so much to me. I can't imagine myself learning so much from anyone else... not even my own folks, who have become so secondary in my life, I have to admit I sometimes don't bother to answer their calls, even if it's unintentional.

Second in line is Ms Gail, whom I utterly respect for her character, which is being absolutely direct and unpretentious. I try very hard to develop my personal character to be like her, in that sense, because I am one person who will not stand any bullshit which comes my way... even if its from my parents. Her deep understanding of the way things work, and her wacky sense of humour just makes me admire her so. it's a shame and a good thing she will be gone from Singapore for 6 months, but it's all in the name of discovery and self-preservation.

Right, back to the art exhibition.

The first thing which caught my eye was how she used so many different mediums, and processes (all individually different) and yet for so many works of art in varying sizes. The combination of colours which give the drawings field of depth are also another main element in her stuff, which could probably be summed up with those four drawings hanging on her bedroom wall, all of which use no more than two colours... they just blew me away:

'She's got pictures on the wall which make me look up, from her big brass bed'

That's a line from Neil Young's 'Out on The Weekend', and the only thing which is different is the fact that Ms Gail's bed is wooden (I think).


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home