Thursday, May 25, 2006

That feeling once again?

Hmm.

Wow, I can't believe I'm blogging now, like missing in action for three days since Monday. Not that I have this moral obligation to blog, but I've been incredibly busy since Monday.

The VI is over, and since the weightage of that programme is like 5% out of my entire P5 score, I guess it's nothing more than a pimple on the arse since my team pulled through it as I had expected us to, which is badly.

Considering that I spent most of yesterday making my packaging, powerpoint presentation, my juniors' rhino model of their bottle opener, and subsequently in the evening and early morning the 4 presentation boards in Illustrator and Photoshop concurrently with my physical model... I slept at 4am, woke up at 7 am feeling like shit and still managed to pull off a lop-sided presentation with my juniors this morning.

I have to say that my juniors... well I hope they learnt alot from me during the past 6 weeks, and I certainly hope that they will use that knowledge to their benefit because that's the whole point of VI isn't it? Which is to take what you learn and apply it in the best ways possible. Although I have to let them know that my p-board layout skills might not be the best at 4am in the morning, which eventually led to the p-boards being what they were: utter and complete shite.

As usual, this VI programme has managed to bring out the worst and the best in people, and of course the uncovering of future talent and the revealing of bad attitudes. The stories which float around of juniors and seniors being lazy or unappreciative or the lack of teamwork somehow became more numerous as the dateline loomed.

I hope that there were no hard feelings amongst those who felt that they were being shortchanged, and personally I'm just blowing my blues away.. I don't think my juniors were incompetent, and I certainly hope that my juniors did not find me harsh. I have to admit with the stress I did get a bit sharp with them towards the end, but I still joked with them and made them laugh.

I'm just glad it's over, and now I can finally revert my attention back to my bike stand and hopefully in the very near future: the Wireless Router industrial project which Ms Liu said would be coming our way. Apparently, it's going ot be a paying job (three cheers for Ms Liu, please) and the client would most probably be paying a sum of money for each and every single 3D-rendered concept. I was thinking that with my abilities.. we should be able to milk this guy, provided I can come up with concepts which fit his vision.

Anyways, Jool and I both have to seriosuly concentrate on our portfolio sketches, and I'm praying that I can whip up loads of sketches tomorrow and during the weekend as well. I seriously want to go to Hong Kong, and it would be incredibly disappointing for almost everyone if we did not make it.

That said, tonight's a slack night. I'm going to sleep early, wake up early and probably get ready to work on my full-scale mock-up of my bike stand tomorrow morning.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home