Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Jam was preeetty good

Hmm.

The jam tonight, despite being somewhat marred by the absence of both bassist and keyboardist personell... was something of a success. I attribute it to a good sense of teamwork, and more importantly: compromise.

I think I find compromising amongst people a very tough thing to do sometimes. If it's not somebody's ego getting in the way, it's their opinion, or just their character which does not allow them to fit well with the rest of the group. I'm just glad so far everyone in this jamming group fit well together. We can laugh and joke, chat and discuss stuff about things I normally don't talk about to other people. Music stuff, that is ;)

LOL I had originally intended to fill in as bassist for this jam due to the fact that the main portion of the rhythm section would be absent. But with my guitar joes screaming out for me to twang that Telecaster, I could not resist, but give in to my innermost desires and play rhythm and lead guitar just as I was meant to anyway.

However that did not mean our bottom end was empty.. lol accompanying my Bass EQ pedal was the EQ setting on the amp I was using.. which was bass on full, mid-range on 60%, and treble on 75%. However, the focus for this post should not be on what I was doing, but what the band as a whole were doing.

Darrell had brought (once again) his Yamaha electric, along with an arsenal of pedals including a delay, tubescreamer, volume and tuner. His sound was much better compared to last week, and this time he was also able to hear himself much better. But that is not the only point of focus tonight.

Tonight was the jamming debut of my ID junior Seth. Pretty nice guy, in my opinion, but hey.. his drumming work is pretty good. We managed to throw around a couple of songs, namely 'Smoke on the water', 'All along the watchtower', 'rock and roll', 'one' and 'all right now'.

In fact by the time we got to our final song which was a rather tight rendition of 'All Right Now', albeit with me playing the bassline on my electric during the guitar solo with Darrell pumping out the guitar solo.. and Seth really managed to temper the heat and keep things in control. I think I would give this jam a 7/10 if not for the fact my sound was pretty dissatisfactory, and my vocal was not up-to-par tonight.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home