Friday, June 23, 2006

Productive, eh?

Hmm.

There has been a blissful silence in my side of the IDS since the 6 top winners of the Maggi have gone to Thailand... How interesting that the absence of two of the people in my class can incite such a drop in the decible level.

Today was pretty productive.. I managed to print out a full-scale side view of my chair, to check proportion and scale. Turns out everything is going as planned, and all I have to focus on right now is sketching for my portfolio which I intend to submit on Monday. I haven't been sketching at all, and it's not good at all for my prospects. I need more motivation and less distraction.

Apart from having a full-scale model for the Final critique, I also have to produce this small-scale model of the chair which the vendors can use as a point of reference. I received this huge chunk of Cibatool (a plastick-ey synthetic wood, which is basically wood dust, and plastic particles heated and compressed into a solid mass to be used as a model-making material) for my chair model. I intend to carve out the positive form of my chair to be used as a vacuum-forming mould. It promises to be a time-consuming and tedious process.

I've also managed a small foam model of my bike stand, which is meant for me to be used as a reference for the real aluminium model. I have to create a real physical model of a bicycle so that the bicycle stand can be cross-referenced during the final critique... ensuring that my bicycle stand is a tangible design concept. So far, things seem to be heading in a nice way. I pray that this continues until the end of semester.

Today.. ok I know I promised to not talk about it anymore, but for those who know what I'm talking about, I'm sure you have read my infamous LOZ blog. I shall now refer to the subject of that blog as 'Barney'.

If you're wondering why I'm referring to that person as 'Barney', maybe you could dig up your past memories of what Barney the Purple dinosaur used to do... essentially bounce around, sing in that irritating way and being a general nuisance. For those who do not realise, Barney sits directly in front of me in the neighbouring studio, so when I look up from my laptop, more often than not I see this mass of red and pink jiggling around.

Well, as of late, 'Barney' has taken to jumping up and down, showing off her anatomical "assets", leading me to become blind as usual. What I don't get is the reason behind all that jumping, raising of arms in the air and... bouncing.

I look around and see the other girls behaving like normal people.. sitting there doing their work, having the occasional chit-chat with thair friends... but no one is bounching around, waving their hands in the air or behaving like a raving lunatic. I have to admit that World Cup fever causes me to become more emotional than usual, but at least I have an England banner in my hands when I behave like a retarded fool. I have an excuse :)

Thank goodness for that extra bit of foam board.. after what I witnessed, I placed it at the exact location between my line of vision and Barney.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home