Sunday, July 02, 2006

NOOOOO

Hmm.

Sad lah. England lost to Portugal, but I guess it's only fair to say that Portugal had a better chance since Wayne Rooney kena sent off, and with England's striking chances resting on Peter Crouch. Oh wells to Gerrard who failed to convert during the penalty shootout and Paul Robinson's inability to keep the Portugese in check.

It was also bizarre for me to hear the news that Brazil kena beaten by FRANCE???!!! I'm like... omg how come can kena until liddat? But of course just like anything else, overcoming the odds involves not only skill, but strategy.. which was the the route the French played to overcome the mighty Brazilians.

Anyway, no harm done.. only need to remove that England banner from my chair in block M (lol). But I've been pretty impressed with Germany.. and so it's official: I SUPPORT DEUTSCHLAND! GO KLOSE!

Yah.. Klose rocks man, bugger scored like 5 goals in 5 games and he seems unstoppable. I also want to add on to one more thing: why I think England failed.

When it comes to an event like the World Cup, the moment one scores, your market value increases like mad (in my opinion lah). So obviously everyone wants a share of the moonshine and everyone wants to score.. problem is in this kind of 'I wanna score' situation, would it compromise on the team's unity as a whole? I think that was the English team's achilles heel, that they were not willing to give each other that added assistance but rather hoping that they could get the ball themselves and hence a higher chance of scoring.

Well boo hoo, and hope this is a good lesson to my heroes, but I still respect them immensely.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home