Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back to basics?

Hmm.

The past couple of days have been pretty eventful:

1. I'm now officially the lead singer for a new local band. Apparently I am the 9th and final guy they auditioned. I suppose that on top of singing the fact that I could play guitar, mandolin, blues harp and concoct lyrics on the fly didn't hurt.

2. New chef came to work. He's the eventual replacement for my current boss who will be shifted to a different department in the YMCA. That guy has some weird "fitting-in-with-the-crew" problems. He's just trying waaay too hard to make us feel comfortable with him. As such, plenty of rolling eyeballs and fake laughter.

3. Colleagues at work having PR problems. One colleague has a severe attitude problem. Her best friend has PMS issues, main full-timer isn't happy with either of the former two. Crikes. General Manager seriously dissed main full-timer.

4. Gerry gave me his old Vox Pathfinder 15-watt amplifier. When set right, the sound is just soo sweet! When plugged in conjuction with my old Marshall 15-watter, the combined sounds of the two can literally tear the whole neightbourhood apart!

5. School is starting soon! I have not yet starting on anything school-work related, but things at work and at home are just so mind-consuming. *Promises to self to start doing something on Thursday*


Well I have to say that I am pretty excited by the fact that I'm now in a some-what established band. Let's just put it this way, everyone in the band seems to be pretty comfortable with each other. I do not see the dreaded practise of people taking advantage of each other, people complaining about someone else behind others' backs etc. In my previous band, my bassist kept drilling me for CDs, and he was never punctual for jam sessions. Guitarist kept bitching about some thing or another -_-

Speaking of which.. I'm thankful that I'm not the guy who goes around bringing people together anymore. Right now I'm just the guy who has to make sure his voice is functioning at tip-top condition all the time, and someone who remembers the lyrics perfectly. Apart from that, I'm also focussing on being an effective frontman... and I've been watching my Led Zeppelin and AC/DC DVDs in the search for some inspiration.

Till then, stay safe and wish me luck in my new band!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home