Thursday, August 03, 2006

Back after a long day

Hmm.

Today was kind of tiring for me. I had to kip to school early in the morning, finish up the items which I needed to pass to the vendor before actually making the trip down to the vendor himself.

I had made a phone call to him (Mr Ching) and I soon found myself on the way to Choa Chu Kang MRT from NYP. I dunno why my headphones started screwing up on me once again so along the way I retired them back into my bag. The MRT trip was followed by a bus ride all the way into the depths of Lim Chu Kang... even beyond the cemeteries and into Singaporean agricultural area.

The place was located just next to Murai Camp.. and in the distance I could hear the roar of fighter jets from Tengah Air base and all around me was the smell of tilled earth and fertiliser. At long last I reached the place... only to find a cluster of huts and a vast cluttered workshop which clearly reflected the owner's taste for organised chaos.

Everything was everywhere. LOL. But we did sit down, and I showed him the chair model for which he would be making the full-scale model. We discussed various issues regarding measurements, tolerances ("torrerences" in Phuats-speak), material selection and of course the duration of manufacture. It seems that it could take longer than expected.

I was there for about an hour-and-a-half before I made my way back to Choa Chu Kang MRT for a ride down to Dhoby Ghaut for work. I arrived somewhat exhausted.. but was revived by the staff lunch: chicken chop (chopped up) with beancurd, vegs and... pumpkin & carrot soup!

OMG that soup is just savoury heaven! But it is somewhat thick and will kill you if you consume too much. Naturally just like anything else, consumption must be augmented with a realisation of neccessitation. Whatever.

It seems that the holidays would not be as free as I had imagined they would be. Scanteak and IDs have just organised another furniture competition (last one was when I was in first year and therefore could not participate) which involves the entire year 2 and 3 cohort. After being furious due to a foresee-able lack of rest time.. I cooled down and resigned to the fact that I was kind of dying to participate in a furniture design competition and hopefully throttle everyone else into the dust and mire.

That's just me. I love a good challenge. *whines* but I want my rest!!! They should have told us about this at least just as the holiday had started if not I would not have rashly agreed to work more days at the YMCA. But no complaints I suppose... work seems to be becoming more fun if not less stressful. We'll see how it goes I guess :)


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home