Friday, September 01, 2006

Take it as you please

Hmm.

The past couple of days have been pretty cool and eventful. I helped Purple Cow and Drea's group with some critique of their IM project and I also lent them two of my songs for them to use for their interface as background music.

I had also just written a new song and I also recorded it in record time and passed it to them. As usual I tweaked it twice after I had given them the 'finished product' and I'm still not happy with what I'm hearing. Sigh. Thankfully Purple Cow and Drea didn't use it hurhurhur.

As of next monday, I will be working at Design Exchange as an intern. The news that I would no longer be working on school projects but rather aiming for a spot at Design Exchange came on Wednesday and it was abit of a nervy experience when I had to add more things to my portfolio and email it out on Thursday morning, before literally spending most of my afternoon slacking in school. I eventually went out to hang out with my band mates at Gas Haus.

The interview this morning was pretty nervy too.. I sat down with two of the people at DE and showed them some of my development stuff done over various projects. They seemed pretty happy with what I showed them and they seemed like nice people. After I had shown them what I was capable of (not everything.. so as to retain a certain aura of mysticism) they showed me some of the works done by the team and took about 10 minutes just showing me the stuff before telling me that I was accepted.

The thing about this whole attachment thing has just been so troublesome.. from Hong Kong to Germany to now local attachment. However despite all this trouble, it's taught me that we can never expect too much from others, and that alot of things are for us to determine through our very own actions and initiative.

Apart from learning that vital lesson, I'm not unhappy but rather pretty happy too because:

1. I have no need to do P6 this semester
2. I have no need to participate in the Scanteak competition
3. I have no need to participate in the Osaka competition
4. I have this incredible advantage to learn more about design in the real world
5. pretty much only the best students go to Design Exchange and I guess I'm pretty honoured to be viewed as one such student in the eyes of my lecturers.

Anyway... apart from the interview this morning, I also had a jam with my band and had a great time. However the studio was a little cramped but I guess that could be ignored due to the fact that I can easily plug my laptop into a power point and wing out lyrics on the spot (I came up with lyrics to two originals within that 2 hour jamming period).

I just hope that things go as they are right now... I can't help but feel that things are going right for once.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home