Wednesday, October 04, 2006

5th week now

Hmm.

Well, I'm already past the half-way mark for the 5th week of my attachment at DX. Things seem to be picking up after the first few weeks:

1st week: Adobe Illustrator & Alias ImageStudio training
2nd week: Sketching concepts
3rd Week: sketching concepts
4th Week: tracing out finalised concepts in AI and ergonomic research
Now: working out the graphical icons for a basic guiding label.

It's kind of interesting for me to look back and suddenly realise how long its been since I last saw the people whom I used to see everyday and hang out with. So far the people I've been seeing the most often are (duh) my colleagues at work, and my bandmates and their friends.

Most recently I helped my guitarist's ex-girlfriend with her N level English. Now, despite my C6 in O level English, I daresay that I have more than enough substance to engage in a verbal debate involving subtle nuances and lay low anyone who chooses to bloviate and rant. Tyrants beware.

Anyway. The situation with which that ex-gf (I shall call her N) is that she recently broke up with my guitarist (who I shall call FP). N was kind of devastated when FP dumped her because she was very much emotionally attached to him, and whever I used to see them together I felt it was such a pity that a girl like N would shower him with affection while he would just sit there and ignore her unless she spoke or was right in his face.

Whether FP deserved N is something I would keep to myself, but I have to say that N was wasting her time when she cried so much over a guy who had lost all feelings for her. Since it was a period during her N levels, I advised her to stay on course and focus on her exams; advice which she took gladly.

During the band's participation at the Asianbeats competition some weeks back, N turned up with my bassist's ex and she literally followed FP around like his shadow. It was a sure sign that N was still unwilling to give up on her old flame and the fact that she still carried his bag for him, shared fries with him etc still make me even more disappointed in the fact that someone who has had her wings folded for so long still chose to remain grounded.

The 'tutoring' session last week with N also allowed me to have a bigger peek into her life and her person as a whole. N was still missing FP, and from the conversations that I have had with FP on msn indicate that he was irritated by her smsing him regarding "completely irrelevant things", to quote my guitarist.

I soon began to wonder. A guy like FP was so fortunate to have someone who loved him with all their heart. How often does someone like this come along in our lives? Will we be able to see that love when it sails along on a lonely breeze, only to be whisked away by the draught of our coldness and unwillignness to open up and share our lives with those who truly feel concern for us?

More importantly... would I/YOU be able to see it?

I have now taken upon a small role of an encouraging party, to push her to open her eyes wider and see a world beyond a guy who no longer loves her... and to see her through her exam period which is proving to be tricky in certain areas.

Tomorrow promises to bring new challenges. I hope I'll be strong enough to handle it.

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home