Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Over-Time Blues

Hmm.

Yesterday and today was really tiring at work. I had to rush out so many tracing-sketches and photoshop renderings for my project leader. I left work at about 8pm yesterday and 10pm today. I hope this does not continue for the remainder of my attachment period!

However, despite the hard work being put in and the seemingly-endless pile of work awaiting me, the dinner today was pretty cool. Teck, Chad, ML and myself ordered 2 japanese pizzas and a bunch of barbequed chicken wings. All I can say now is that I have officially fallen in love with Japanese Pizza... mmmmmm.

Another ray of encouragement involves the successful interview of N and her friend at the YMCA. N had talked to me before the movie on Saturday evening about wanting to find a part-time job. Since the Y Cafe was experiencing a shortage of manpower, I decided to get a green light from my boss before letting N into the know. I guess it was a good idea to let N know the basics of getting through an interview unscathed, involving:

1. Being polite (like duh)
2. Being enthusiatic about the job prospects
3. Showing a character of willingness to learn new things and to adapt
4. Not wearing inappropriate dressing.

Well I'm glad for N. Now she can earn money and need not depend so much on her folks back in Indonesia, and also gain some hands-on work experience (meaning tasting the kind of rubbish I endure week after week after week). And my boss can breathe a sigh of relief that there will be new blood entering the system, instead of the old farts (including myself, unfortunately) having to stretch themselves to the point of exasperation.

FYI for the past months I have been starting my shift at the Y Cafe at 7am on weekend mornings, and on top of my normal working schedule, it's starting to take a toll on me. Apparently I have become slightly skinnier (which is good), but somehow I cannot see it myself (which is not that bad, but hopefully the change can be slightly more noticable).

Anyways... work beckons over the morning sunrise... and I have to head on down to the fibreglass prototype builder tomorrow evening after work *long groan* before heading home. Essentially I will be travelling around the whole of Singapore on MRT tomorrow. Till the next time, then.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home