Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The gig as coooool

Hmm.

Ark Analogy played it's first gig yesterday along Orchard road. Despite the shitty sound, we played alright, had a lot of fun, and did something for a good cause (almost). Oh yeah, I'm also wickedly pleased that we played VERY loudly, to the point that no less than 3 stores / outlets complained about being unable to hear their telephone conversations behind closed doors, which I think is utter bullshit.

I would also like to thank Kawai and his gf, Colin, Amanda, John and Joe for dropping by and listening to us perform. Much apologies to Steph and her Nigel for not being able to update you guys on the last-minute change in venue.

Anyway the setlist was as follows:

1st Set:

Jumpin' Jack Flash
You Shook Me All Night Long
Pocketful of Blues* (dedicated this to songwriters who had writers' block)
Immigrant Song
Rush Hour* (dedicated this to super stressed people, esp 3rd yr NYP students)
Tell Me Again*

2nd Set:

Bad Moon Rising
A Horse With No Name
Wonderwall
Hey Jude (dedicated this to guys who had no girlfriends)

3rd Set:

11:05*
Highway To Hell (dedicated this song to fellow tekong-goers)
Blues in G*
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love
The Healing of Time* (dedicated this song to lovers who were hurting)
I Believe In A Thing Called Love

* = original composition

One more thing, I'll be in Tekong tomorrow for the next 2 weeks (or more), so I'll see you guys once I get back from my desert island.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home