Friday, June 01, 2007

ROARR!!!!

Hmm.



Fantastic. Absolutely smashingly awesome. What am I talking about? Thursday evening's jam session with the guys of course.

At long last, Ark Analogy sounds like a real, breathing, struttin' rock and roll machine. We've been together for abut 6 months and now at long last, after a false start last week in which our morale was pretty low, we've come back with a greater inner fire.

I suppose we had alot of time to warm up and practise during the day due to it being a public holiday. Out of the 11 songs we played we only made no more than a handful of mistakes btween the three of us. I'm sincerely glad that we as a unit are able to bring out our passion for those songs, and to give it a greater sense of depth despite only having 3 instruments (and a vocal) to determine our sound.

Which kind of brings me to an individual who used to play bass with me and Mervyn before we found Boon. Or rather it was only because of this individual that we had to look for a new bassist. How to describe him... he honestly was too busy with his other commitments, namely school, his church duties and of course his co-curricular activities. Now I'm not blaming him for having alot on his plate, but what I'm somewhat annoyed with is the fact that Ark Analogy had to grind to a full stop for close to 3 weeks simply because he refused to contact us.

No amount of sms, emails or msn contacting would seem sufficient to bring him back into the fold. You could almost say that he willingly dropped away from us without a word and without a sound. Before his 'disappearance' he stated that he felt intimidated working with Mervyn and myself, citing that he did not feel confident playing with us (to be honest at that point in time, Mervyn and I were gelling musically like peanut butter to bread) and he felt that he made us as a band sound bad. At that point in time, I refused to believe that an individual his age could have such a low level of pride in himself. However, one must move on.

And so he has. It seems a certain Mr Porteous of The Exxit, whom I had a dispute on this blog many months ago due to my leaving of the Exxit, has decided that he is desperate enough to knock upon the door of my former bassist. Such a small world isn't it? Well I wish these individuals the best of luck. Perhaps they can actually start making real music.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home