Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The gig was okay

Hmm.

Last night was the 2nd of three evenings I am playing at Molly Malones Irish Pub since Gerry went away on holiday with Mags. Tonight will be the third and final evening.

Well the first evening (Friday) went pretty well, a friend / ex-colleague of mine popped by with her friends, and I sang "Desperado" for her. I suppose the shriek than came from the corner when I sang the first word was a scream of joy. Nice girl.

So last night. It was okay I guess... the pub was pretty empty for the first set, and by the 2nd set, a bunch of caucasian folks waltzed in and started dancing and singing along, which was great. Their zest for more songs caused me to only break after the 2nd set for only 10 minutes before I had to dive right into the third set.

Boss was very kind to lend me a top-of-the-line Maestro Custom Dreadnaught 1 guitar to use for my gigs both last night and tonight. Speaking of which, I do hope that the pub on Wednesday evenings will be much more populated than last night's meagre below-20 head count. The guitar sounded fantastic, and I arguably sang much better because I felt more comfortable knowing that I was playing essentially the best dreadnaught guitar that Maestro could offer at the point of press.

Was browsing through some blogs, and FrianGraham's post about interracial couples caught my eye. I have to say that it is true that somehow the desirability of chinese guys seems to be deteriorating amongst the less oriental-inclined female demographic. I mean... if they're not exactly orientally-inclined.. they would obviously be leaning more towards non-chinese guys.

It's not to be marvelled at. As the saying goes, "the grass is always greener on the other side". That is until the parents find out that their precious daughter is dating a non-chinese guy and oh wells. My stand on the issue is that love should and ought to transcend race or culture. However I am still somewhat uncomfortable that somehow guys like myself might actually have to look beyond the boundaries of the chinese population when it comes to dating.

Would I make such a move? I have absolutely no idea. I have yet to be over-the-top, physically or mentally attracted to a female of a different race. But I'm not exactly crazy about girls who only speak chinese. And I'm pretty sure none of that mainly-chinese-speaking demographic would be remotely interested in an individual such as myself. Obviously due to my lack of prowess in the chinese language.

That said, I'm confident in my usage of the English tongue. Would that be an attractive feature?

What the heck. I'm entering Tekong in about 52 days, I'm going for a (hopefully) good vacation in France, I'm in a band that's actually making music, I might be in love and I'm going to sing tonight for good money. Life seems to be alright for now.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home