Friday, December 31, 2004

Day Out with Aunt Joan

Hmm.

Today, I got up early at about 7:00 am, for what ever reason I have no idea, but I guess it's because we (my parents and yours truly) were going to meet Aunt joan, Tina, Vincent and Mr Qu this morning.

Breakfast was routine, except I had recorded a new song titled 'It Would've Been Nice', another lovey-dovey song. No surprises there, huh?

We managed to get out of the house by 10: 15, even though we were supposed to pick them up from their hotel lobby (Orchard Plaza, situated next to the Manchester United Shop) at 10:30am.

As expected we were late, and my dad and Mr Qu had decided to have a game of Golf (which was already previously arranged), while my mum, Aunt Joan, Tina and myself went out for some shopping.

Not that I had anythign in mind to buy, but being their partial host for the day, I decided to tag along even though Patrick's project (rubber-band propelled vehicle) was constantly on my mind. So we went to Centerpoint, and while Aunt Joan, Tina and my mum went around in the various clothes stores, Vincent and myself wandered around looking for shops which suited our fancy (and there were very few). In the end, after a while (one hour) all of us went to Wisma Atria, while Vincent and I went on to Kinokuniya.

That's when the fun began. Telling Vincent I'd stick to one place (the area where there was lots of music- related stuff like Guitar tab books and books on famous bands e.g. Led Zeppelin, The beatles etc), I then left him to his devices. After about half-an-hour, I sort of realised that Vincent was no-where near the area where I was sitting in and perusing the books oh so happily.

I was momentarily afraid for what might happen if I had not found Vincent in time, and I had to leave the bookstore. So, thinking quickly, I decided to ask the bookstore to page Vincent over the intercom system. I then went around the bookstore twice, and looking into any nook and cranny in case he was slumped against a pillar engrossed in a book.

As you may know, Takashimaya's Kinokuniya is one of South-East-Asia's largest bookstores, and it is not easy feat going around the whole place, TWICE, sweating nervously, and looking for a 12-year-old who is barely taller than the bloody bookshelves.

I then paged Vincent again, and went around the whole of Kino twice (yet again), only to meet Han Qin, and old school-mate of mine from St. Andrew's. What a coincidence to meet him, and I managed to find out he was studying at Temasek Poly before hurriedly moving on to search for Vincent.

Anyhow, I was just looking frantically into the crowd at Kino, when I finally saw him. Oh, and it took every bloody ounce of restraint for me to prevent myself from throwing him bodily through the bloody bookshelves.

And he just grinned sheepishly when I asked him where he was.

I suppose dinner just now was ok, it was filling, along with the oldies songs being played by an ah-peh band.

The one thing though: Char said that when Tina came to Singapore, she might warm up(not due to the weather), and not be as chilly as I found her to be back in Shanghai. I guess she was wrong, but I do realise it was not only me she was being distant from. I ngeneral, she said very little, even to my brother, whom she had known previously.

I guess she coming to singapore made me realise that she's not the only fish in the sea worth thinking about all the time. And also, the fact that she will be studying in New york will mean almost no physical contact whatsoever. That means, I have truly moved on.

Saying goodbye was actually easier than I thought possible: I just said goodbye, and asked her to stay in touch, to which she said ok.

Ah, well, happy new year, folks, and I think I've managed to fulfil one of my new year resolutions.

Mission accomplished.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home