Saturday, January 01, 2005

Late Nite Meanderings IV

Hmm.

I'm just soooooo damn tired of trying to fool around with Patrick's project which he set for us. I mean, it was fun initially, but then, when the bloody thing refuses to work properly, you can only look at the thing in disbelief and wish you'd spent less time on it.

Just in case you were wondering what I was talking about, Patrick gave my class a project to work on: create a land vehicle which is self-powered by the means of a single rubber band (the normal red one). I thought i had a good idea, but after spending the whole day ( I really mean it, sincew I got up at about 7 am) on cutting out the basswood I specially bought from Artfriend to make the vehicle, and then the whole darn thing just went up in smoke. That's so unfair.

I suppose the main fault in the thing is that the wheels are too small, and too light, thereby not allowing the rubber band's potential energy to take full kinetic energy effect. Ok, enough technicalities.

I'm just so tired sitting in front of my desk, slumped over the wood-chips, drill bits and excess wood material. It seems like I've been dipped in glue and then rolled onto a crateful of sawdust. I think I need a very good kick in the butt with some quality classic rock music. I miss rocking out.

The fact is, I'm now sitting here, typing away while listening to The Darkness. Don't get me wrong, they really rock, but somehow, I'm still a more 'overdrive' person compared to being a more 'distortion' one.

For those guitar-illiterate people, overdrive and distortion are two types of dirty guitar tones, mainly used in rock, punk, whatever. Overdrive is more associated with hard rock, classic rock etc, while distortion is more associated with metal, thrash, punk and stuff like that.

That said, The Darkness are a twin-guitar attack on the eardrums, usually with one guitar in overdrive, while the other is in distortion. Hmm, so much for confusing people huh? At the end of the day, I'm just too classic rock-ish to be a metal head.

I can't wait to get my hands on all of AC/DC's albums, but first, I have to get my cash from work, and then I have to save up, and then I can maybe squeeze out cash for maybe one album by mid-january. It's depressing to sit here and wonder whether I will be able to find time to go downtown to get my cash from work while I worry about all my other project commitments (e.g. V.I. with my oh-so-vain senior, Melissa, who can't draw for nuts).

I have half a mind to put out some concepts with the utmost of my rendering skills and blow her off through the bloody roof, instead of just sitting there and pitying her absymal rendering and drawing skills. I'm one who will not sit around to played with, so I hope she gets her act together pretty soon. I mean, I can't believe my luck: working with an un-motivated, under-skilled, un-challengeable senior. Man, where's the bloody drive? I was hoping I could get someone I could bounce Ideas off, maybe chat over the phone on the concepts and stuff like that.

In the end, all I get is a vain pot whose rendering skills are limited to the make-up brush. and not to mention I do believe I'm at least thirty times more charged than her in any way. Where's her bloody leadership? Where's her desire to get something done right? She's just so darn sloppy. In a way, I was already warned (or congratulated) by my classmates who heard that she was one lazy bugger (or buggress).

I just wish things will smoothen out, and I will take all means and ways to ensure that it is so. You will see the results!

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home