Monday, January 03, 2005

Rock And Roll Bachallania

Hmm.

Yesterday, as I was slogging it out in the gym (at NSRCC, Changi), I sort of realised the radio station which the gym's twin hi-fi speakers were sounding out was on a programme known as 'Blues Rock Special Hour' or something like that.

Ok, the songs weren't really what I'd call blues rock, maybe just hard rock would be fine. Until something totally unexpected happened.

To my utter surprise (indeed I was so shocked, as I was working the weights, I stopped midway), the radio started playing the mother of all FM radio hits: 'Stairway To Heaven'.

Maybe I was hallucinating (if hearing things constitutes a part of hallucination), or maybe it was just the amount of working out I had done (very little), but for certain, that radio station (most probably class 95) was really, actually playing 'Stairway'.

Why such the big fuss? Oh, ok.... first up, 'Stairway' is one song I have never heard on the radio, throughout my three years since I have first heard the song. Also, 'Stairway' is an 8-minute song, which would burn up a huge hole in a one-hour-slot programme. Finally, 'Stairway' is simply too classy, too aloof to played on normal radio stations.

Hence the term 'Mother Of All FM Radio Hits', even though it was never released as a hit by Led Zeppelin.


Anyhow, I had downloaded about 16 AC/DC songs, and burned them all into a CD, which i was playing during my dinner just now. My mother told me to 'turn off that hi-fi and all your noisy music'. Ahh, what can I say.... my retinue of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Yes, Pink Floyd, U2, and now AC/DC will only serve as a tribute to bands that rock, and will continue to rock till all of us are dead and gone.

Eat dirt, Simple Plan, Hoobastank etc.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home