Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ooh Yearrhhhh....

Hmm.

Five days after getting suspended from the convention centre, I've managed to do something I though was previously unimaginable:

I found a new job.

Oh yes... it was kinda interesting.. I was wandering around Boat Quay, looking at the fronts of those restaurants and hoping that they'd be looking for part-time staff. Sad to say, there was only ONE restaurant but they were looking for FEMALE staff waitresses.

I suppose I'd look ridiculous in a skirt etc. I decided to check out the road behind Boat Quay itself... and voila, there it was the Mollie's Irish Traditional Pub.

I always wanted to work in an Irish Pub, the image of those drunken sluggards sloshing around throwing peanuts at each other was just something I though was really funny, yet entertaining at the same time. Of course I'd be the one serving them, and most possibly be their target for peanut throwing.. but the thing about it was the fatc that the tips are spread out amongst the workers, not individual tip-taking etc.

So I walked around, looking for a sign that suggested that they wanted staff: non whatsoever. I'm one guy who's all for the thrill, so I decided to pick up my balls from the floor and just walk in to inquire whether they might have employment space.

The lady I spoke to looked at me, and then went to the phone to give someone a call. After a while, she inquired my age before going away and coming back with an application form.

Amazing isn't it?!!! I just sat there, filled up the employment form and passed it back to her. She went away and soon after, came back with a middle-age Chinese bloke called Don.

Don was a nice guy, he asked me about my working background etc. At the end of about half-an-hour, I managed to confirm that I'm working THIS FRIDAY!!!!


Oh, they pay higher per hour than focking banquet, what's more I only need to dress in non-faded jeans and their polo tee, and make sure I'm there by 6pm on working nites.

Not bad eh? Kiss my furry arse, Banquet buggers!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

PS: my arse actually isn't furry.

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

3 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im in school again today. and yes, as usual, i cant the the tag board... but anyway,WOW! congrats! you got a new job!

damn... i've always wanted to work in a place like that, but i winded up with tuition jobs and more tuition jobs.. i guess that working in an enviroment like that should be refreshing for me..

how much is te pay there?? isit 7per hour? i heard form my friend it's around there, but if the customer doest pay, she'll have to pay from her own pocket.

but then again, you're only working on week ends right? hey hey, maybe you could write more about your new job in detail? hahax.. would like to know more about it...:)

scribbled by : you-know-who.. :)

 
At 11:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. just a min, why were you suspended from the convention center?

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger Crawldaddy said...

I was suspended because there was a mutual between myself and my manager that I would not be able to make it for one function (which I had booked a slot for), and I had no replacement.

Therefore, according to 'the books', since I didn't appear for one booking, I'd be suspended for onew month. So although i was in the wrong, I did try to find a replacement, to no avail.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home