Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Blast From The Past II: Knockout!

Hmm.

I remember from my Shanghai days* that I used to hate my days in primary school, and as such I turned to other ways to cure my distaste for authority (which is still rampant though) and chinese humour (which, incidentally tended to revolve around my then-bulging waistline).

*I moved to Shanghai when I was 8 years old and then came back when I was 11 years old. Please don't ask why my command of the chinese language is absymal, but all I can say is, it's been made up with my contempt for the language itself.

I used to take out my psychological frustrations regarding my physical ones by playing soccer. Oh, although I wasn't great shakes at scoring, I did make a small name for defending and goalkeeping (particularly since I wasn't allowed to go forward by my cautious classmates).

the sad truth is... i wasn't popular with my classmates, and then came the day of reckoning:

I was playing soccer as per usual, and then there was a penalty shoot-out.

The guy kicked the ball.

It went in my direction.... and it smacked me righto in the face.

I was knocked out for like..... 10-15 minutes?

When I came to.... I found myself lying there on the tarmac with my head all woozy and my classmates....

well they had continued without me.

Some folks just have no focking decency, more folks than less.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home