Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Day Before I Do Patrick's Assessment

Hmm.

Oh well, today went quite fine, managed to hook up with Alvin in school, bought some kapaline board for my presentation board backing, and also managed to take lots of photos of Alvin's class' 'Birdhouse'.

Their workshop 'Birdhouse' project involved building an MDF-board structure and then joining it all together and painting the whole thing white.

Apparently, the week before assessment by Zai (workshop project lecturer), Ayob managed to throw away Alvin's 'Birdhouse', which took him and his classmates at least three months to make. In the end, he had to make everything from scratch and complete the whole darn thing in one week's time. Today was the hand-up date, and I must say, he did a lot (with help from yours truly) in a short period of time, but the quality was somewhat compromised.

In the end, alomost everyone's work was pretty decent (yes, yours included, my friend), but people's work managed to steal the limelight due to dexterity in handiwork, or maybe they got through sheer dumb luck. I have no idea which.

And then after a decidedly slow lunch, Alvin came back to my place for some 'pre-birthday jamming'. His birthday is in May, and he's already so amazingly foresighted he wants me to play mandolin along with his buddies on his birthday at his place. Apaprently, two of his buddies are currently undergoing major exam years, and he fears they might not be able to make it.

I simply admire the fact his parents will go all out to organise and allow him to bring his pals over for his birthday, including catered meals (for those who want to da-pao, order in advance, please). I have had the priviledge to have a birthday party (for myself) when I was roughly four years old.

I only remember that it involved no gifts except an ang-pao from my grandma, and most of my immediate relatives were just there to talk about how ridiculous it was to organise a birthday party for the second child.

In any case, Alvin's an only child, so naturally his parents are there to make sure he is happy (he does look happy perpetually, doesn't he?), comfortable (I won't go into the pyjamas), healthy (I won't go into your waistline either), and squeaky-clean (I WILL NOT go into your religious-extremism).

And here I am, looking like a car crash, playing guitar and listening to AC/DC.

Last night I was just talking to Char, and I shared a lot of confusion just clearing out the facts and figures of BGR (which do not involve Char, btw), but I thank her for her time and patience.. cuz it isn't exactly invigorating talking about BGR at roughly 11:30 pm at night. But I have become more aware of certain things.

Tomorrow's Patrick's assessment, and frankly, I couldn't give anymore thought on it.. as the dastardly William Hung once said so eloquently: 'I have done my best and I have no regrets'. Though I would have probably said "I have done my best and I have no ****ing problems, cuz I ain't gonna see yer face for two months'.

I mean, I seriously haven't learnt anything obvious while taking his module, and I certainly haven't gained anymore insight to what design is all about, apart from pleasing my bloody lecturer. In short, he's focking useless. But I can't blame him, cuz designers don't always make good lecturers.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home