Tuesday, May 24, 2005

After The Party

Hmm.

Well, last night's party was real fun... I had more than my fair share of drinks (one beer and two vodka mixes), more than my fair share of jumping to the music being played by the live band (the music was real good, I tell you), more than my fair share of toasting etc etc.

The thing about last night was that the moment I entered China Jump (located at the basement of CHIJMES) everything regarding work politics was blown away (not just because of the loud music which left my ears partially muted until this morning), and I just smiled and had a great time.

One thing that I particularly enjoyed was rocking out on the dance floor, while the band was whacking away.. the vibe was just so great. The band singer (who was a girl named Jade) was also very good, both as a singer and also an entertainer. I think last night would've been real good if only for that pain in my back which is still making uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, although I arrived there at 11pm, I left at about 2am because my parents were just so iron-fisted about me going out and attending the company party. My mum has the knack of asking me to justify why I need to go out everytime... and this time she asked me 5 minutes before I left the house... apparently she's jittery about the drinking, smoking and (supposed) drug-taking amongst the youth of today.

I dunno... inside China Jump there were bouncers who made sure everything wasn't out of hand, and when a guy took his shirt off, they told him to put it back on. So what's the fuss about the drugs??? I mean it's illegal, for one thing, and what's more.. I'm totally against the idea of taking drugs, smoking and excessive drinking.

So i guess I left China Jump feeling very good (albeit the pain in my back) and when I was standing at the taxi stand waiting for my parents to pick me up, there was this lady who was also standing near the taxi stand. She just smiled at me, and I smiled in return, just to be courteous. then she started asking me:

Lady: 'Which countyr are you from?'

C: 'Singapore'

Lady: 'right... I'm from india... where do you stay?'

C: 'Serangoon area' (I was lying.. but you never know who you can't trust especially strangers in the middle of the night talking to you)

Lady: 'Mind if I take a ride with you?'

C: 'Ah, no... I'm waiting for someone to pick me up.. yeah'


Thank God she turned around and walked away... because you'd never know who in the world you can trust.. I certainly didn't trust that lady. She could have been in a real need for a ride (but there were plenty of taxis around, and she seems to be sufficiently capable, financially), either that or she thinks that I'm some kind of guy waiting for some dirty action. That, I am definitely not.

Just for the record.. it was the first time I ever had such a party.. and it wasn't too bad... next time I'll be there again.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home