Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Pool

Hmm.

Well, just had a crazy pool session with Steffo... online pool, that is. I used to think it was such a cool game.. now I think I just play it to confirm my incompetency regarding computer games as a whole. I know I should shun away from such things, especially since my game isn't the best in the world, and Steffo's got better chops than I do, but what the heck... I gave it a shot but came around rather weakly.

Anyway.. I was supposed to have a noon shift at the pub tomorrow, but my assistant manager called me up just a few hours ago to tell me that my presence wasn't neccessary, so there you go.. I'm free for the day until my shift really starts at 6pm.

There was an SDN club meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning 10am, and since my shift had been slated to begin at 12 noon, I thought I couldn't go to the meeting and then leave like ten minutes later just so I could go to work. So now that I'm free from morning till afternoon, I guess I can go for it.

Anyway, I've officially finished all of my guitar parts on the upcoming album 'Burnt Holidays', and all that still remains is a backing vocal, and Alvin tweaking some of the other songs, and adding bass parts. I just pray that we can complete everything by this coming thursday before we go off and watch Star Wars with Charlotte.

The thing weighing on my mind is whether the CD Alvin and I have cut should have a price on it... obviously the songs within don't come free.. we put in lots of hard work, and the amount of dedication to this album both of us have thrown in is more than what one would normally imagine.

So the debate: Free, Set Fee or Listeners' Choice?

Free: it's obvious, we give you the CD, all expenses soaked up by the two of us.. leaving us in a financial situation more dire than ever.

Set Fee: a set price on the CD (it's complete with cover art, btw) most likely between the price of $3 and $10. Come on! We gotta have to buy CD-Rs, print out the cover art, and on top of that.. I think We deserve some respect for our musicmanship and for the simple fact we made this album OURSELVES entirely.

Listeners' Choice: The person purchasing this album pays a minimum fee of $3, and if he or she thinks it's only decent to pay a higher price, then it's up to them to do so... I only ask for a fee no less than 3 bucks.

On top of the Cover art, music within the CD (duh), this CD will also include a personally painted doodle on the CD itself, done by yours truly. To make that even better, this doodle is hand-painted, so every single CD is individualised.. it may be of a different colour even!

So if you believe that all of this effort put in by us is not worth it.. you can go and piss on yourself.. because the Fuzzy Green Grass rule!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home