Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It's Just Another Day

Hmm.

Well today was just another run-of-the mill day with the exception that it's the first time I'm actively involved in the production of a video.

This video is a production of the SDN club, which is meant to compliment the overall recruitment drive of freshmen into the SDN club. it's a spoof of star wars, and the only thing which is concrete is the number of characters involved, the dateline, and who are going to play those characters. Apparently, the script is still fairly organic, which is fine.. but then when it comes to business, it's a different matter.

I feel like there is a lack of organisation within the production team, which doubles as the cast and crew. Today, I went down to the meeting room, and I pull my guitar out and started playing. I played continuously for at least an hour before anyone stood up and said: 'Let's get something done today'.

I certainly felt that the lack of proper management of personnel is really disturbing, especially since a party of people are gathered, and they are not being efficient and doing their respective tasks.. instead they are slacking around and some are even playing cards.

This is my sentiment of doing things (especially if there is a team involved):

1. Find out what things are needed to be done.
2. Recruit the most capable and willing personnel to work out the tasks.
3. Refine the roles of those groups working out the tasks (logistics, provisions, registration etc)
4. Have each group work out a plan for the tasks required of them.
5. Ensure the plans are sound by ensuring people from other teams are aware of other's tasks, and ensure there is opportunity for feedback.
6. Co-ordinate the teams to do their tasks simultaneously, so that time isn't wasted.
7. Ensure that each team is fully capable of completeing their tasks.
8. Once each tasks is complete, ensure that other teams have the necessary help to fully complete their tasks.
9. Tasks are complete... look back and see ways of improvement.
10. Receive feedback on the job done from objective outsiders.

I usually go by this route of doing things, and usually things come out alright. I just hope this can be done as well with the video production.. but I'm not the boss so I'll just keep my comments to myself.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home