Thursday, May 26, 2005

Kristine's Birthday!!!

Hmm.

Yesterday was Kristine and Hui Ling, my Industrial Design juniors' 18th birthday. Apparently, most of their classmates/grp 12 friends didn't maange to get her a birthday present, so I being the kind soul that I am decided to make a card for Kristine (I didn't know it was Hui Ling's birthday until 3:30pm) and gave it to her on her birthday simply because 1. I couldn't really afford a present; 2. a card says so much more, and it's easily flat-packed :p

So anyway, Kristine had organised a combined birthday lunch and pool session at Orchard Cineleisure yesterday at 2:45pm... every one was there by around 3:30 and judging by ID standards, it wasn't really late for the meeting to be 2:45pm, and everyone is there by 4:00pm, a whole 45min later than the allocated time).

We went to the Sushi place and settled down, with myself sitting at a table with Sze Sing, Lin Jie and Eugene and Willy (?). We were there at 4:00, and we only started eating at 5:00 pm, and we (Lin Jie and myself) had a lot of fun choosing which sushi to try, and competeing with the neighbouring table for the most amount of food consumed. In the end, the tally was 27 : 42 with us losing to the neighbouring table.

I managed to be the one who put the candles on the cake, with Eugene lighting the candles and I presenting the cake to Kristine and Hui Ling while all of us were bellowing out 'Happy Birthday'. The cake was a real beauty both externally and taste-wise (thank god Alvin wasn't there... there was chocolate in the cake.. wait.... it was an ice-cream cake, so even more so he wouldn't have gone near it with a ten-foot stick :p).

And we had lots of fun playing pool, with Eugene beating me once because I accidentally knocked in the 8-ball prematurely, but I turned around and beat him with a proper ending.. YEAH!!! It was only the second time I had played real pool, and I guessed my experience in the cyber world with the same game paid off real well.

I left the pool hall with Sze Sing to attend an art exhibition near Newton MRT. Apparently I had used my IC as a sort of 'safety guard' at the pool hall, which meant when I reached Newton, I didn't have my IC on me.. i had left it back at the pool hall. In the end, Lin Jie had to pass my IC back to me while on her way back home... and Sze Sing and I managed to slack off and talk cock while we waited for Lin Jie to arrive at Newton and pass me my IC.

While Sze Sing and I were waiting for the train and Lin Jie to arrive, Sze Sing's sister was waiting for us above in the station, and apparently she was being 'eaten alvie by flies'.... but seriously, there was a severe infestation of Newton MRT's ceiling lights, and tons and tons of flies and moths were circulating around the lamps and creating a very freaky effect as though there was a plague going on down at Newton MRT.

The art exhibition was actually a series of paintings and sketches done by a local artist who had gone to paris and painted his impression of certain parts of the city, and frankly, it wasn't too bad, although his paintings were slightly skewed to the left i.e. his paintings of the various buildings, sculpures always leant to the left etc.

The night ended with me, Sze Sing, her sister and her sister's boyfriend (named Eric, coincidentally) having a late night meal (Roti Prata for me) and a bus ride which culmulated in me dozing off, over-shooting my intended bus stop, and delaying my ride home by at least 40 min, simply because I had to walk to the bus stop on the opposite side, which was at least 200 metres away, and I had to cross 4 traffic lights.

At least there isn't much hassle for today (although my back is still aching uncomfortably), and I'm got a night-time scene to shoot for the SDN club video (the star wars spoof) which includes (hopefully a lightsabre dual) and me smiling menacingly and wearing my custom-made cloak.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home