Friday, May 27, 2005

Video Killed The Real-life Star

Hmm.

Last night was the last time I was actively involved with the video shoot for our as-of-yet-unamed Star Wars spoof. Acting as a menacing Sith lord, Dark Errik, one of the four Dark Jedi who are 'protectors' of Dark Vader, I managed to act as a Stormtrooper who kills a Jedi and ultimately gets killed by another Jedi. As Dark Errik, I kill off another Jedi only to be stabbed and killed by Luke Skywalker, as my light saber is blocked by another Jedi.

It is really cool to act as a Sith Lord.. particularly since I had modified my cloak from a simple piece of red cloth to a full wrap-around cloak with clasping ribbon. I think of all the Sith lords to be casted in this spoof video, Bryandt (my fellow Freshmen Orientation Programme Leader and Sith lord who is the last to get killed) and myself are the most dedicated to good acting and cool moves. Compared to some of the OGLs, I think the two of us are the better actors in the cast.

The shoot lasted all the way from the afternoon to late at night, and we wrapped up the shoot at 11:30, much to the extreme anger and frustration disapproval of my parents. I mean, it is true that the shoot went on for too long, but it wasn't my fault to put it in the least.

For this video shoot, Bryandt and myself relinquished ourselves of the leadership posts and allowed two other guys Wee Keat and Fadzli (the Orientation Emcees) to take up the leadership. In essence, we had already passed on the torch. Make no mistake that Wee Keat and Fadzli are charismatic and sociable leaders (both of whom are unlike myself.. I can't speak for Bryandt btw), but we share the common goal of wanting to get the job done.

The main cast of the video is as follows:

Obi-Two Kenobi (Wee Keat)
Mace Goondu (Fadzli)
Anakin / Luke Skywalker (Wei Kit)
Chancellor Papa Tine (Aaron)
Dark Vader (Henry)

The thing about this casting is that it is quite good... but there is a slight glitch. The person who plays both Anakin and Luke Skywalker, Wei Kit is someone who requires a bit of a definition, because he is one major reason why the shoot went on into the late night.

Wei Kit is someone whom I believe is headstrong and at times impatient (rather like myself, but in a different way). The thing is, I do believe there is a misunderstanding that he believes that I am planning to steal his girlfriend away (his real-life girlfriend).. which is something that is completely untrue. Although I sort of got to know his girlfriend (whose name I shall not mention) before he did at the old Convention Centre where I used to work as a banquet waiter, I guess I only looked upon her as an acquaintance, rather than a love-interest. No doubt she is pretty, but I seriously have never looked at her in the sort of light associated with romance. And frankly, I guess I don't care what Wei Kit thinks anymore.

Anyway, Wei Kit is also the good friend of Wee Keat and Fadzli, and subsequently they listen to his point of view and also put in a lot of his ideas into the shoot. However, I do NOT agree when Wei Kit decides to interfere with Wee Keat and Fadzli's decision when their plans have been set in concrete... many a time I have seen Wei Kit override Wee Keat or Fadzli's decisions and plans and substituted them with his own... I mean, he's not the leader here.. Wee Keat and Fadzli are the elected ones... just like Bryandt and myself for the orientation programme.

Personally, if I am the leader of an operation and I make a decision, I would appreciate a little interference as possible from external factors. Not to mention during the orientation itself, when Bryandt and myself were the leaders, we had to make several important decisions, and sometimes our plans were held up by Wei Kit's objection or disapproval. I mean.. come one.. we respect you for your role in helping out in the logistics team.. respect your past and present leaders for their decisions.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that Wei Kit has been the delaying factor in two of the OGL's programmes already, and he doesn't seem to be letting up. No doubt his tenure as part of the logistics team during the orientation programme was important, but as the saying goes... "a man is judged by his worst output, rather than his best imput".

In many ways, Wei Kit and myself share the same joy for power and control... but he needs to know when to cool it before he gets himself in a bad situation where he is seen in a bad light. I mean, when I was the leader of the OGLs, I knew when to make things happen, and now that I'm not the leader anymore, I take things much more lightly, and I'm trying to shed my status as badass-in-residence, and become more of a friend to my fellow OGLs.

I think Wee Keat and Fadzli need more space to work out their ideas, and we should listen to their ideas before we make an input, instead of trying to seize the reins and ride away with the horses. Together, I believe that Wee Keat and Fadzli can deliver the goods, we just need to recognise them as our true leaders and ignore excessive oppressive external factors.

This is for you OGLS out there... know who to listen to: Wee Kiat and Fadzli.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home