Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Day Of Redemption

Hmm.

Today has been a really interesting day... full of it's ups and downs. I have to say that if one has to go through a slight emotional rollercoaster, today would have been a perfect example.

First thing in the morning, I managed to get my V.I. sketches together, only to be shot down by Mr Micheal Gan, because the sketches of my concepts had no meaning to the design... I can't argue, because it is very true that I designed with the form in mind, and not being stemmed from a value which could be exemplified in the design.

We proceeded to come up with more concepts, and I produced one concept which was meant to look like a splash made by a droplet made unto a surface of still water.. however, due to my inexperience in drawing 'motion-capture' stuffs like this, I ended up drawing something like an eight-fingered human palm, much to Khairul's (my poly mentor) amusement.

Lunch was a very social affair.. having lunch with Alvin and a lot of the guy juniors.. hehe felt like I was back in SAS, where the only people at lunch were your male classmates, and friends.

During lunch, I had discovered that one of my juniors had been somewhat traumatised by the criticism directed towards her by one of her lecturers... which resulted in her crying in the lift before lunch, which I did not notice because she hid at the back of the lift and she was surrounded by her classmates.

As soon as I heard what happened, I decided to give her a consolation text message.. because you can never know what is going through the heads of girls (or anybody, for that matter) when they are sad, traumatised etc.

She gave me a call after lunch, and since I was free until 2pm, I decided that maybe it was best if she could sit down with me and pour it all out. I found the poor girl all red-eyed and sniffling and we sat down at some benches, and she told me all of her problems... to which I gave her my full attention, and I guess she felt better after heaving her troubles off her mind (she could smile, at last). Haha... a listening ear can do such wonders.

I told her that she should not doubt herself too much, get plenty of rest (her lack of rest during the week had resulted in her poor concentration, and thereby incurring the criticism of that particular lecturer) and not put her mind to her troubles. I just hope she does get enough rest because a slight impairment in bodily health can wreak havoc on one's mental and physical capabilities.

I just thank God I also managed to find time to go down to a floral & landscape gardening shop along Jalan Kayu with my classmate Grace, because I seriously needed the relevant research on indoor tropical plants for selecting the type of plant for which I will be concentrating my Studio project concept designs. I guess it's really fun to have a different experience outside the cold and stark studios in Block M, and manage to get some green into my surroundings, and on top of that, have a nice time talking to Grace as well.

I suppose it's mainly because Grace is one of the few classmates I can actually have very long conversations with, which is why I found her company very encouraging and (man, I need to find a better word) uplifting. I mean, we can talk about anything from the interactions between she and her boyfriend, to her study habits... notice it's all about her (which isn't too bad.. she's doing most of the talking). Sometimes she'll ask me about myself, and I'd give her an answer which might be a link to another topic.. which is great, because apart from XiWai and Rebecca, I seldom speak at length to my classmates.

Today has been very interesting, indeed.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home